Glimpse of Europe End Paris
From 05/09/2022 to 09/10/2022
Amsterdam Orientation includes the historic city centreBlack Forest See this picturesque regionCologne View the Gothic CathedralLucerne Orientation including views of the the Lion Monument and Chapel BridgeParis View the Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower on your sightseeing tourRhine Valley Cruise the romantic RhineSchaffhausen View the mighty Rhine Falls.
2 Dinners6 Breakfasts.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Start your unforgettable Europe adventure in Amsterdam. If you can tear your eyes from its scenic canals, you'll be staring at the city's teetering gabled homes that proclaim their birthyear with pride on their colourful fa?ades. There's no better way to immerse yourself fully in Amsterdam's gezelligheid than taking an optional canal cruise in a glass-topped boat this evening.
Day 2 - From Amsterdam's leafy canals to the towering spires of Cologne, your morning will be jam-packed with sights you'll want to capture on camera as you head east into the lush landscapes of Germany. View the imposing Gothic Cologne Cathedral then head to Boppard where you'll board your river cruise down the Rhine. Pass storybook villages, terraced vineyards and medieval castles where feuding lords must have surveyed their lands once upon a time. Watch the soul-stirring scenery of the Rhine Valley unfold as you kick back and watch the world go by. Arrive later at your hotel in the Rhineland where you'll join your travel companions for dinner.
Day 3 - Straight out of a Brothers Grimm fairy tale, Germany's Black Forest is the perfect backdrop for this morning's scenic drive. You'll see why its enchanting landscapes have inspired myths and fables throughout the centuries before crossing into Switzerland. A quick stop in Schaffhausen means there's time to capture the cascading waters of the Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest waterfall, before you arrive in the scenic region of Lake Lucerne. This evening, consider an Optional Experience to a Swiss folklore show which will highlight many Swiss traditions including yodelling and alpine horn playing.
Day 4 - Join your Travel Director for an orientation through the Old Town and to the ancient Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument. See the mournful, mortally wounded lion hewn from rock to commemorate the sacrifice made by the Swiss Guards who died defending Louis XVI during the French Revolution, then enjoy some time on your own. You'll then have the full day to discover why Lucerne earned its place on the 'Grand Tour' of Europe. You could choose to ascend to the alpine heavens, joining an optional scenic cruise across Lake Lucerne, then travel by railway and cable car into the mountains for exhilarating views.
Day 5 - Enjoy a brief second encounter with the Rhine River when you head north, passing Basel en route to France. Admire the scenic views of the Burgundy wine region that follow your journey north to the French capital. Get a head start on your sightseeing and delve into Paris's grand past, dynamic present and exciting future on your own this evening. Why not join an Optional Experience, including a scenic river cruise and an illuminations drive, stopping at all the best photo spots?
Day 6 - Embrace elegance today with a full day to get under the skin of the City of Lights. Your Travel Director will deliver an excellent introduction during your sightseeing tour which includes views of the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and Champs-?lys?es. There's time to see the sights on your own this afternoon. You could choose to hit the shops or tread in the footsteps of Picasso and Dal? in Montmartre, exploring its maze of streets and Artists' Square. Tonight, the frills and flounces of the Can-Can girls at a cabaret promise an entertaining evening should you wish to join this Optional Experience.
Day 7 - After breakfast, say farewell to your fellow travellers at the end of your holiday. Find out more about your free airport transfer at costsavertour.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 August 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 17 August 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans