From 18/09/2022 to 26/09/2022
Private Guided tour of Parliament HouseGold Creek Station sheep shearing and lunchAustralian War MemorialAfter hours dinner by Pialligo Estate at FloriadeBowral Tulip Time FestivalDevonshire Tea at Mittagong.
Highly experienced Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)Centrally located premium hotel6 included attractions/experiences.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Depart Sydney this morning and travel through the rolling hills and verdant pastures of the Southern Highlands. Pause at historic Berrima to see its convict-era sandstone gaol, then visit Gold Creek Station to meet a local grazier and enjoy a barbecue lunch. Gold Creek is a working pastoral property that currently runs merino sheep and beef cattle. On arrival in Canberra join a local guide for a tour of Parliament House, the seat of the nation's government. Built almost entirely of Australian materials, 10,000 people worked its construction. Then visit the Australian War Memorial, which brings together a world-class museum, a shrine and an extensive archive. Hear an evocative lament before departing for your hotel. Enjoy a unique dinner tonight after-hours at Floriade with the innovative team from Pialligo Estate at their Floriade Marquee Cafe.
Day 2 - Today enjoy the spectacle and festivities of Floriade. Originally developed as a floral display to celebrate Australia's Bicentenary and Canberra's 75th birthday, this month-long festival attracts more than 480,000 attendees per year. The day is free for you to enjoy not only over a million flowers but markets, sculptures, workshops and live music.
Day 3 - Discover the Southern highlands during Tulip Time, when Corbett Gardens, Bowral becomes the festival centrepiece with over 75,000 tulips. Enjoy the festival vibe before regrouping for Devonshire tea in the southern Highlands town of Mittagong.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 August 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 11 August 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans