Walking in Sonoma and Napa Valley
From 03/11/2022 to 08/11/2022
Make your way to Yountville, the heart of Napa Valley wine country, and enjoy a wine tasting at three cellar doors which are part of a network of small, boutique producers.
Take in the iconic Golden Gate Bridge from all its best angles, from walking the bridge to soaking up the view from Sausalito.
Explore Muir Woods, the first National Monument that was created solely because of a land donation from an individual.
Soak up the scenery on the Tomales Point Trail which offers spectacular views of Tomales Bay, Bodega Bay, and the Pacific Ocean.
Taste the history of Californian wine with a sampling session at the oldest winery in the state and enjoy time to try some of the other vineyards around Sonoma.
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (5 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Sausalito - Leader led walk.
San Francisco - Walk Across Golden Gate Bridge.
San Francisco - Lands End hike.
Sonoma - Healdsburg wine tasting.
Sonoma - Tomales Bay hike.
Napa - Ritchey Canyon Trail hike.
Napa - Coyote Peak hike.
Napa - Yountville Wine tasting (3 wineries).
Napa - Skyline Trail and Manzanita Trail hike.
Muir Woods National Monument hike.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - San Francisco This northern California adventure starts in San Francisco, the ‘City by the Bay’, that has a beautiful setting and a vibrant, multicultural heart. If you have time today you might like to check out the vintage stores along funky Haight Street, catch the tram down to the waterfront or take an Adventure Cat Bay Cruise. At 6 pm this evening there’ll be a group meeting where you’ll meet your leader and get an overview of the next couple of days. Wrap up the day with a welcome dinner – the perfect chance to get to know your group better.
Day 2 - San Francisco to Sonoma After breakfast,head for your first walk – a mighty Lands End hike, then see the Golden Gate Bridge from up-close – and the views it offers on all sides of the city, the bay, the Pacific Ocean and the Marin Headlands – as you walk across it towards Sausalito. Whether the day is clear or the city’s regular fog has rolled in, it’s a memorable sight. You’ll have time to grab lunch in picturesque Sausalito – once a fishing community, now home to exclusive restaurants and expensive houses – and take in the views. Continue north for the one-hour journey to the heart of the Sonoma Valley winemaking region, with its mountain ranges covered in age-old oaks and the historic town of Sonoma. After checking into tonight’s accommodation, take a walk around town and perhaps end the day by choosing from the range of restaurants lining Sonoma’s tree-lined town plaza – your leader will have the best suggestions.
Day 3 - Sonoma After breakfast, take in the scenery on the Tomales Point Trail which offers spectacular views of Tomales Bay, Bodega Bay, and the Pacific Ocean. If you got a taste for the local wine yesterday, you’re in luck as you won’t have to walk far this afternoon to taste some of Sonoma’s finest drops. Healdsburg, located alongside the Russian River, has plenty of cellar doors in walking distance of one another. Raise a glass and listen to vinyl records at Banshee Wines, sip pinot noir at Cartograph Wines, or sample Rhone-style wines at a family run vineyard and play a game of bocce. Along the way, you’ll enjoy an included lunch with your group. This evening you may like to head out for dinner as there’s real variety and quality here, from the flavours of South Asia to the taste of Italy, seasonal Portuguese and bistro classics.
Day 4 - Sonoma to Napa Start your day with hearty breakfast before hitting the trail again, this time along Ritchey Canyon towards Coyote Peak. Volcanic ash cliffs provide a glimpse of the area’s ancient volcanic past as you keep an eye out for pretty wildflowers and animals such as squirrels, deer, foxes, and bobcats along the way. After the hike, we’ll enjoy lunch in nearby Napa, one of the smallest and also one of the most internationally renowned wine regions in the world. With its vibrant food and wine scene, natural thermal spas, thriving arts community and charming streetscapes, it’s the perfect place to spend the next two nights. After you’ve checked into the hotel, enjoy and afternoon and evening at leisure and explore Napa your way.
Day 5 - Napa After breakfast, kick off your day with another hike, this time in the lower section of Skyline Wilderness Park. It’s hard to believe the superb views of San Pablo Bay, Lake Marie, and Marie Creek Canyon can be yours so close to downtown Napa. Afterwards, make your way to Yountville, the heart of Napa Valley Wine country, and enjoy a wine tasting at three different cellar doors which are part of a network of small, boutique wineries. With 15 tasting rooms within easy strolling distance, your leader will lead the way and take you to the best spots. After an included lunch, the rest of the afternoon and evening is yours to enjoy at your leisure.
Day 6 - Napa to San Francisco After breakfast, it’s time to head back to San Francisco, but not before one last chance to soak up some more of the area’s incredible scenery. Make your way to Muir Woods National Monument and be dwarfed by the old-growth coast redwoods, the tallest living things in the world, as you take a loop hike through a cathedral of giant trees. From here, you’ll make your way back to the city, where your adventure comes to an end around 5 pm. If you would like to stay on in San Francisco, we would be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans