North Queensland Adventure(Multi Share,Start Airlie Beach, End Cairns)
From 15/04/2023 to 14/04/2024
Throughout your adventure you'll be with an expert Aussie Trip Manager who knows these parts better than anyone.
They'll be your friend as well as your guide, imparting their killer local trivia and tips as you explore Queensland.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Airlie Beach Hello Airlie Beach! This tropical paradise is the perfect place to kick off our adventure. Our trip starts at Base Backpackers where we'll meet our fellow adventurers. Then we'll bond over a delicious welcome dinner before a free night to explore this laid-back tropical town.
Day 2 - Airlie Beach - Whitsundays Day Trip Is there anywhere in the world more beautiful than the Whitsundays? We think not. With 74 perfect islands at your fingertips, an open sea calling your name, today you'll get to explore one of the worlds most lusted-after holiday destinations with a day trip to the spotless Whitehaven Beach, including snorkelling. This is as close to heaven as you can find on planet earth.
Day 3 - Airlie Beach We've got a free day in Airlie Beach today! This vibrant hub of the Whitsundays is ours to explore. We could get out onto the waters with an optional sea kayaking adventure, take to the sky with a Skydive over Australia's most beautiful drop zone or even a relaxing scenic flight over the Whitsunday islands including Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef. For those looking for a more relaxed option, kick back on the beach sipping something sweet or explore the cute boutiques, bistros and alfresco restaurants that adorn the seafront. It's a hard life.
Day 4 - The Whitsundays to Magnetic Island via Townsville Is there anything better than the Whitsundays? We think our next destination comes close. We'll board a train this morning heading for Townsville.After soaking up some East Coast scenery on our train journey, we'll hop on a ferry headed towards the spellbinding Magnetic Island.Magnetic Island is an apt name for this captivating isle, with its coastal walking trails and gum trees teeming with lazy koala bears. We'll have plenty of time to explore, try some water sports in the bright turquoise waters or meet some of the local marsupials. But this evening, we'll enjoy a drink (our treat) and watch the sunset over the bay. Blissful or what?
Day 5 - Magnetic Island We have a whole day on this paradise island - lucky us! We'll waste no time meeting the locals, with a chance to eat an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast with some Koalas at the Bungalow Bay Koala Village. Then we can check out some of the walking trails - such as the Forts Walk which offers up stunning views of the Palm Island Group as well as WWI fortifications, and the chance to see more koalas in the wild- or enjoy some free time at Horseshoe bay, taking a dip on the azure waters and relaxing on the beach. See Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk before a free evening, where we can watch the sunset and check out some of the local bars.
Day 6 - Magnetic Island to Cairns via Townsville After breakfast this morning we'll say farewell to our koala friends and depart Magnetic Island on a ferry. But we'll never forget its singular beauty.Back in Townsville we won't hang around too long, as we're hopping on a train headed to Cairns, where we'll arrive late afternoon after a gloriously scenic journey along Australia's East Coast.Welcome to the city where rainforests meet reefs. We'll enjoy an included interactive Bush Food tutorial and dinner at Ochre restaurant. An experienced chef will guide us through a history of Bush Food as you sample a variety of native spices and fruits, explaining their tastes, origins, and traditional uses before we enjoy our dinner, which features native game. It's in an incredible cultural feast, and the perfect way to start our adventure in Cairns.
Day 7 - Cairns Rise and shine, today is day packed with history, heritage and natural beauty, as we take a day trip to the oldest tropical rainforest in the world: Daintree. With its ancient ferns and vibrant canopies, this place will take our breath away. There's a reason David Attenborough called it 'the most extraordinary place on earth.' As well as admiring the lush rainforest, we'll also meet the local Kuku Yalanji people and learn about their rich Aboriginal culture and history. We'll get the chance to view a smoking ceremony and take an art class with an Aboriginal artist. We'll also learn about ancient Dreamtime stories, local history and how these are shared through art. Then, we'll get to create our own unique souvenir to take home in the form of a canvas that tells our own stories. What a day; and we're not done yet.
Day 8 - Cairns Today you'll have the option to board a catamaran out to the reef to snorkel or dive in the crystal waters and gaze at the colourful coral and even more vibrant marine life. Back on board, the expert marine crew will tell us all there is to know about this stunning, but vulnerable, natural miracle.
Day 9 - Depart Cairns Our adventure ends this afternoon, but not before we have a chance to escape our comfort zones and try some of the adventurous activities that Cairns is famous for. Anyone for bungy jumping? Airlie Beach Included Dinner Magnetic Island Enjoy an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast while meeting and learning about Koalas at Bungalow Bay Koala Village Spot native koalas alongside WWII fortifications on a Magnetic Island Fort Walk See Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk Cairns Day Trip to the Daintree Rainforest Experience the Daintree Rainforest with an experienced Aboriginal guide for an interpretive rainforest walk through this ancient environment Learn ancient Dreamtime stories, local history and see how these are shared through art with an Aboriginal artist Create your own unique piece of art at the Janbal Gallery
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans