Hong Kong Highlights
From 02/01/2023 to 31/12/2023
Hong Kong Visit Stanley Market and Aberdeen Harbour, go up Victoria Peak on the iconic Peak Tram.
3 BreakfastsCherry picked hotels, all tried and trustedAll hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxesMany meals and daily breakfasts includedCity orientation toursAll transport shown.
All transfers shownVariety of Optional Experiences.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Split into 3 main territories and some 260 islands and peninsulas, Hong Kong is both similar and wildly different to its mainland big brother. Its Chinese culture is undeniable, but Hong Kong also retains a live fast mentality that oozes through its world class restaurant scene, contemporary museums and uber cool locals. Arriving today, you'll transfer to your hotel on the Kowloon Peninsula and begin to soak it all in on your Hong Kong value tour. Later perhaps take a stroll to begin your exploration of this dynamic place.
Day 2 - First up on today's sightseeing agenda is a visit to Victoria Peak, the highest point on Hong Kong Island at 552 metres above sea level. You'll be heading up here the traditional way, via the iconic Peak Tram. Once at the top, try not to gasp as you catch a first glimpse of the city and harbour fanning out beneath you - an awe-inspiring sight that never fails to impress. Next up will be Aberdeen, home to Hong Kong's fisherfolk and the place to eat seafood. Boarding a traditional sampan, float by the wonderfully gaudy and utterly unique floating restaurants, the most famous of which is Jumbo. Not done yet, you'll swing by a jewellery workshop before continuing on to the picturesque fishing village of Stanley. Once notorious for smuggling and pirate mischief, today Stanley is best known for its bustling market of goodies. This evening perhaps choose to join our optional cruise around the famous Victoria Harbour followed by dinner. Take advantage of the free bar whilst watching traditional sampans and junk boats float by, a stark contrast to the ultra-modern Western District and Tsim Sha Tsui, which you'll spot on either side of the harbour. Back on dry land you'll then drive up to Victoria Peak for dinner and a feast fit for a king. Finally, finish the evening with a visit to Temple Street Market in the company of fortune tellers and Chinese street opera performers.
Day 3 - Yesterday you ticked off the top Hong Kong highlights so today is all about exploring the city your way, and in a place as diverse as this the only question is where to start? Keen to see the famous seated Buddha statue? Take advantage of our optional Lantau tour, where you'll ride the Ngong Ping cable car for prime views of the South China Sea and the giant statue of Buddha. Eat lunch in a monastery, then take a boat ride to the quaint fishing village of Tai O, home to the Tanka fisher folk and their famous stilted houses. Hankering for a bit of history? A trip to Macau should satisfy that itch. An hour's ferry ride from Hong Kong, Macau gives off a certain Mediterranean charm courtesy of its former Portuguese rulers. Visit the ruins of St.Paul's Roman Catholic Church, walk through Senado Square to the crumbling Monte Fort, then stop by the A-Ma Temple, one of the finest examples of a Taoist temple. Perhaps also travel up (at your own expense) the 338 metre high Macau Tower for spectacular views of Macau, China and the Pearl River, before returning to Hong Kong. However you choose to explore today, we know it will be a day to remember.
Day 4 - It's been fast and fabulous as is befitting of this whirlwind city, but today your Hong Kong trip comes to an end. No doubt leaving with suitcases heavier than when you arrived (Hong Kong's shopping scene will do that to you), you'll transfer to Hong Kong International Airport to catch your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 June 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans