The Endless Shores
From 21/10/2022 to 24/03/2023
Craggy Range Winery DinnerArt Deco Vintage Car Tour in NapierWaimangu Volcanic Valley guided walk and cruiseRedwoods TreewalkRainbow Springs Nature Park & The National Kiwi HatcheryTamaki Maori Village – Cultural performance & HangiFootwhistle eco-glowworm Cave.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Journey Director and Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)Mixture of boutique, unique and 5-star hotels.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Upon arrival at Wellington Airport you'll be transferred to your hotel. Spend some time at leisure to relax or explore on your own. This evening, join your Journey Director for a Welcome Reception, followed by dinner
Day 2 - Today see Wellington your way! Perhaps visit Weta Workshop, home to the creative wizards behind 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit' trilogies or learn about New Zealand history and culture on a visit to Te Papa - Museum of New Zealand. Your Journey Director can assist in booking your optional experience.
Day 3 - Continue north today, travelling through the dairy farming land of Manawatu to Napier in Hawkes Bay. Tonight, enjoy dinner with wine matching at Craggy Range Winery, one of the regions world famous wineries situated in the shadow of the spectacular Te Mata Peak.
Day 4 - Enjoy a relaxed start before we venture out to explore the Hawkes Bay region. Relive the glamour and style of the jazz era with a luxurious vintage car tour. Your driver will provide a fascinating commentary as you are driven in style, through Art Deco Napier and surrounding areas. You'll learn about the earthquake that destroyed the city, hear stories of the people that led the rebuild, and discover the Art Deco style. Tonight, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 5 - Enjoy a leisurely start before continuing the journey to Rotorua. This afternoon visit Waimangu Volcanic Valley where you will connect with the beating heart of the world's youngest geothermal valley, it's unique history and legacy. Along the guided walk you'll experience geothermal activity, hot springs, volcanic craters, nature and wildlife. Followed by a relaxing 45-minute cruise around the tranquil waters of Lake Rotomahana see stunning geothermal activity only accessible by boat as well as rare native birdlife. Immerse in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created this amazing part of the world.
Day 6 - Ascending to the breathtaking Redwoods Treewalk, enjoy an elevated bird's eye view of the 115-year-old redwood giants and the beautiful surrounds of the forest from a unique perspective. Next stop is Rainbow Springs Nature Park for a behind the scenes look at the National Kiwi Hatchery. Tonight, an evening of culture, history and scrumptious food awaits you at Tamaki Maori Village. Wander through the ancient forest village and learn about Maori art forms and traditions, followed by a cultural performance. Experience an authentic Maori Hangi meal, steamed underground in the traditional way.
Day 7 - Begin your day with a dazzling show during an exclusive five-star Eco Glow Worm experience at Caveworld Waitomo. Your guide sets the scene for a cave experience where you will see glow worms, cave formations and appreciate the beauty of Footwhistle Cave. Later, travel through the dairy farming district of Waikato, and onto Auckland. Tonight, Toast your trip together tonight at a Celebration Dinner.
Day 8 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers as your Inspiring Journey comes to an end and we transfer you to Auckland Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 June 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans