Jewels of the Bay
From 02/10/2022 to 28/03/2023
Waitangi Treaty grounds, the birthplace of the nation.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and DriverCentrally located premium 4 star hotels1 included attractions/experiences.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - This morning, depart Auckland City and travel north over the Harbour Bridge past the sprawling suburbs of the North Shore of Auckland. Our travels then take you through Northland's lush farmland scenery before arriving into the beautiful Bay of Islands. This afternoon discovers the stories, people and events that shaped the past, present and future of Aotearoa New Zealand at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. During your tour you will view the world's largest ceremonial war canoe, the historic Treaty House and carved Meeting House. Stand on the spot where New Zealand's founding document, the Treaty of Waitangi, was first signed in 1840. This evening enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 2 - Today is a completely free day for you to experience the beauty of the Bay of Islands. Perhaps head back out on to the water and experience a day of sailing aboard a historic tall ship, enjoy wine tasting, or join a Russell Mini Tour and learn a little more about the settling of the Bay of Islands. We offer a wide range of activities for you to choose from. Your AAT Kings Travel Director will assist you in booking all your chosen optional experiences. Tonight, you are free to dine as you wish.
Day 3 - Enjoy a leisurely morning in the Bay of Islands before you travel back to Auckland. Our journey south takes us to Whangarei, the northern-most city in New Zealand, where you can wander around the art galleries and through the marina in the Town Basin. Enjoy a scenic drive through the Rodney District before arriving into Auckland late afternoon.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 June 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans