European Whirl with Eurostar™ Extension
From 01/11/2023 to 12/04/2024
1 Welcome Reception.
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Eurostar high-speed train from Paris to London.
Eurostar high-speed train from London to Brussels.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Eurostar(TM) to Brussels and on to Amsterdam A brief interlude with the British capital this morning sees us meet our Travel Director before travelling to London's St. Pancras International where we will board the Eurostar(TM) for a high-speed train journey to Brussels and a luxury coach journey to Amsterdam. Enjoy an orientation of this historic Dutch city before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception dinner cruise on its canals.
Day 2 - Journey to the Rhineland and a Scenic Cruise Driving through the lush landscapes of the Netherlands and Germany, we arrive in Boppard where we board a cruise along the Rhine to St. Goar, passing vineyard-clad hills and medieval castles perched above riverside towns. Arriving in the Baroque city of Heidelberg, we explore its iconic and unexpected highlights before travelling to your hotel.
Day 3 - Off to Innsbruck Crossing the Swabian Alps on the edge of the Black Forest, we arrive in the Bavarian capital of Munich. Our orientation takes us past the Hofbrauhaus, reputedly the most famous Beerhall in the world, and the neo-Gothic Town Hall which dominates the Marienplatz. We cross the Austrian border next, arriving in Innsbruck, the capital of the Alps. Admire the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture of the Old Town, including Emperor Maximilian's famous Golden Roof with its ornate fa?ade and consider an evening of traditional Tyrolean entertainment.
Day 4 - Onwards to the Canals of Venice Journey through the emerald-green landscape along the Brenner Pass into Italy and across the Dolomite Mountains to Venice. We cruise the beautiful Venetian lagoon by private launch to the gateway of Venice, St. Mark's Square. View the ornate Doge's Palace and the Bridge of Sighs, so named for the sound made by condemned prisoners as they took one last longing look at their beautiful city before meeting their fate. Then, Dive Into Culture and enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience where you'll witness the centuries-old craft of Venetian glassblowing. You'll learn how the master craftsmen shape the molten glass to make the exquisite and delicate works of art that adorn homes all over the world and perhaps be inspired to buy your own souvenir as a reminder of this special visit. There's time later to enjoy the city your way. Get lost in Venice, cross bridges and discover hidden campi where locals share their daily stories over a glass of Venetian Spritz.
Day 5 - All Roads Lead to Rome Travel south across the Veneto Plain, passing Bologna and the dramatic Apennine Mountains as well as the green and golden fields of Lazio before reaching Rome, the 'Eternal City'. En route, we Connect With Locals over lunch at a Be My Guest experience and enjoy true Tuscan hospitality with a local family on their private estate in the Chianti countryside.
Day 6 - Discover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City Our first stop today sees us discover the divine beauty of the Vatican City. We'll visit St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist to view Michelangelo's Renaissance masterpiece, the Piet?. We continue to Ancient Rome to view the iconic Colosseum and Circus Maximus, once the site of exhilarating chariot races centuries ago. The afternoon is yours to explore the city on your terms. Sit on the Spanish Steps savouring a tasty gelato, shop up a storm on the trendy Via Corso or perhaps join an Optional Experience to see the magnificent frescoed ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
Day 7 - Continue to Renaissance Florence From Rome, we travel north through the rolling countryside of Tuscany and along the Arno valley to the 'Cradle of the Renaissance', Florence. Delve into the rich Medici heritage of this beautiful medieval city with your Local Specialist. Visit what was once the political hub of the city, Piazza della Signoria, with its impressive sculptures and stunning palazzi. View the imposing Duomo, crowned by Brunelleschi's dome, and the Baptistery, renowned for its sculptured bronze doors.
Day 8 - Across the Alps to Lucerne Drive via the scenic Italian Lakes District, across the Alps into beautiful Switzerland, where we'll spend the next two nights in the medieval lakeside city of Lucerne. Tonight, why not consider an optional Swiss Folklore Show?
Day 9 - Explore Lucerne This morning, view the mournful, mortally wounded lion hewn from rock to commemorate the Swiss Guards who lost their lives defending Louis XVI. Walk along the flower-lined 14th-century covered Chapel Bridge, crossing the river Reuss. Or join an exciting Optional Experience to one of the surrounding peaks for breathtaking views of the Swiss countryside. We have some time later to discover the best Swiss chocolates in town.
Day 10 - On to Captivating Paris Crossing the border into France this morning, we travel past the picturesque vineyards and country towns of Burgundy en route to the 'City of Lights'. Spend some time this evening strolling along the Seine and grand boulevards in search of a cosy bistro for fine French cuisine or consider an Optional Experience to a colourful Parisian cabaret.
Day 11 - Discover the Sights of Paris Join a Local Specialist today for a sightseeing tour of this romantic city. View the sophisticated Champs-?lys?es, Place de la Concorde, the 19th-century Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought for France, and Notre Dame Cathedral, then enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. Our European Whirl almost at its end, we spend the evening with fellow travellers and our Travel Director, enjoying a Farewell Dinner in a local bistro.
Day 12 - Catch the Eurostar(TM) to London Transfers are provided to Paris Gare du Nord station, where you'll board the Eurostar(TM) train to London. The journey time to London St. Pancras International is 2 hours and 20 minutes. On arrival in London, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
Day 13 - Journey Home Enjoy an English breakfast at the end of your holiday. Sightseeing Highlights Explore London, Rome, Florence and Paris with a Local Specialist Discover Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Munich, Innsbruck, Venice and Lucerne Visit a glassblowing factory in Venice and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome View the canals in Amsterdam, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck, St. Mark's Square in Venice, the ancient sites in Rome, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne and the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris See the Lorelei Rock and the vineyards of Burgundy Scenic Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam, the Rhine River and by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice Connect With Locals Eight generations of history with plenty of stories to tell. Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest lunch with the Landi family at their home near Florence, set within a garden of oak trees against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves. Dive into Culture Witness the exquisite craft of glassblowing, a delicate tradition that generations of Venetian craftsmen have perfected over the centuries. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans