Hutongs to Hong Kong - 13 Days
From 2020-03-21 to 2021-11-13
12 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners (a Traditional Chinese meal in Beijing and a local dinner in Xi'an).
11 nights 3-4 star hotels.
1 overnight train (4-berth soft sleeper cabin) and High speed trains: Beijing to Luoyang and Luoyang to Xi'an.
Economy Class flight Shanghai - Hong Kong.
Touring of Beijing, Juyongguan, Luoyang, Xi'an, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Rickshaw ride through Beijing's Hutongs.
Chinese acrobatic performance.
Xi’an - bike ride on medieval City Wall.
Shanghai - Huangpu River Cruise.
Suzhou - historic Grand Canal Cruise.
Tour Guide escorted for groups of 6 or more - days 1 - 10.
English speaking specialist guides at local sights.
Beijing Capital Airport arrival transfer on day 1.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Beijing Saturday. Hello China! Arrive Beijing Capital Airport and included airport transfer to our hotel.
Day 2 - Beijing This morning, we explore the heart of Beijing, including the vast Tiananmen Square where Chairman Mao’s tomb lies and the Forbidden City. Later we take an exciting rickshaw ride through the Hutongs of Beijing and this evening, we enjoy an eye boggling Chinese acrobatic performance.
Day 3 - Great Wall After a free morning, we drive to Badaling to walk a section of the famous Great Wall. We also visit a Jade Carving Centre before heading to our quaint hotel near Juyongguan Pass, which offers views of the Great Wall.
Day 4 - Juyongguan Pass Beijing - Luoyang. We rise early this morning and head (5 min bus drive) to the Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass when it opens to beat the crowds. Later we head to the Pearl Market in Beijing, before taking an afternoon bullet train to Luoyang, arriving late evening.
Day 5 - Luoyang Today we explore the Shaolin Kung Fu Temple in the foothills of the Songshan Mountain.
Day 6 - Xi'an Luoyang - Longmen Caves - Xi’an. Today we explore the UNESCO - listed Longmen Caves and later board the train to Xi'an, where take a leisurely bicycle ride atop the well-preserved Xi’an city wall.
Day 7 - Xi'an We explore the Terracotta Warriors archaeological site. Later we visit the clay workshop specialising in making replica figurines. Tonight, opt to join the Tang Dynasty dinner and show (bookable locally).
Day 8 - Xi'an Xi’an - Shanghai. Today we visit the Wild Goose Pagoda followed by a delicious hot pot lunch. This afternoon we also visit the Grand Mosque and Muslim Quarter of Xi'an before boarding our train destined for sizzling Shanghai.
Day 9 - Shanghai Arrival Shanghai. After breakfast at our hotel, we take a tour of the many city sights including Yuyuan Garden and The Bund, the Oriental Pearl TV Tower and a cruise on the Huangpu River.
Day 10-11 - Shanghai Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai. Today we travel by road to ancient Suzhou. We enjoy a cruise on the Grand Canal, tour the Ming Dynasty Lingering Garden and visit a silk workshop. Day 11 offers the opportunity to head out and discover Shanghai - your way.
Day 12 - Hong Kong Shanghai - Kowloon/Hong Kong. Early this morning we fly to the bustling island territory of Hong Kong. Upon arrival your will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel in Kowloon. You'll have a full free day to explore.
Day 13 - Hong Kong Thursday. Enjoy breakfast and then our holiday concludes upon hotel check out at approximately 12 noon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..