Mood for Moscow - 4 Days
From 2021-05-09 to 2022-10-16
3 breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 dinner (including a Welcome Dinner on day 1).
3 nights 4 star hotel.
Airport arrival transfer on day 1.
Guided sightseeing day 2 - Moscow’s Red Square.
Moscow Metro travel card - 6 journeys.
Services of an English speaking Russian tour guide for scheduled sightseeing.
All relevant transfers and transportation.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Moscow Sunday. Welcome to Moscow and the start of your long weekend! Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. This evening meet the rest of your group for dinner at the hotel and an informative welcome meeting.
Day 2 - Moscow Start the day with a ride on the Moscow Metro to Red Square. Quite unlike any other underground transport system in the world, many of the stations here offer an air of elegance with huge chandeliers, incredible mosaics, soaring ceilings and monumental sculptures. As the historical, political and social heart of Moscow, this famous square is home to some of the city’s most recognisable landmarks. Within Red Square is spectacular St Basil’s Cathedral with its brightly coloured onion domed roof and the glitzy and historic GUM shopping mall. On one side of the square are the imposing red brick walls of the Kremlin and a highlight of the day is a guided tour around the Kremlin grounds, where we will see the Assumption Cathedral, Ivan the Great Bell Tower and the monumental Tsar Bell. Also in Red Square, housed within a red and black marble building, is Lenin's Mausoleum. If open, we can enter the mausoleum free of charge and pay our respects to the grandfather of Communism whose embalmed body has lain in state here since his death.
Spend the rest of the day at leisure. During our stay in Moscow there will be the opportunity to book optional evening excursions, such as a traditional Cossack Show or a Moscow by Night coach tour. and river cruise. All optional excursions are subject to availability (booked and pay locally).
Day 3 - Moscow Today is free to independently explore or there's an optional guided tour of a Cold War Soviet bunker. Head 65 meters underground to explore a Stalinist-era bunker that up until recently was a top secret symbol of Soviet Power. Cleverly hidden beneath an ordinary apartment building, on a busy street in the heart of Moscow, 18 floors below ground level, this mighty 75,000 square foot facility was constructed in secret in the 1950’s, to protect the select few against a US nuclear attack. This optional excursion also includes a tour of some of the finest metro stations ever built. Dating back to the Stalinist era these extravagant specimens dazzle with marble pillars and chandeliers.
Day 4 - Moscow Tuesday. Our tour comes to an end after breakfast. Spend the morning buying those last few souvenirs in the nearby Izmailovo Market before hotel check out at 12 noon. It may not look like it from the outside, but behind the whimsically decorated walls of Izmailovo you’ll find one of the best markets in Moscow. Whether you want to pick up some tacky souvenirs, genuine fur hats or some traditional handmade crafts this is the place to go. Just don't forget to bargain!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..