Tassie's East Coast Highlights
From 12/09/2022 to 31/03/2023
Bridestowe Lavender EstateLegerwood Carved Memorial TreesExplore the historic town of RichmondCape TourvillePort Arthur Guided Tour.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)1 UNESCO World Heritage Site – Port Arthur Convict SitePremium hotelsFreycinet National Park entrance fees8 included attractions/experiences.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Tasmania! Tonight, you will meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a welcome drink at your hotel.
Day 2 - Bridestowe Lavender Estate, producer of high-quality lavender since 1922, is your first stop today. Later, visit the Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees, sculpted into World War One soldiers, then after a stop for lunch at coastal St Helens, follow the picturesque east coast south to Bicheno. This evening you might like to take an optional tour to see Bicheno's wild penguins as they emerge from the ocean (seasonal.)
Day 3 - Today, experience the grandeur of Freycinet National Park, visiting Coles Bay and taking a guided walk to the lookout at Cape Tourville that affords astonishing views across brilliant blue water, verdant forest and golden beaches. On your way to Hobart, you'll travel through Swansea and Orford before making a lunch stop in historic Richmond. This village is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture, with beautiful heritage buildings dating to the 1820s now housing galleries, tea shops, craft boutiques and museums. Our final stop for the day is to the shores of the Derwent River in Hobart where you'll immerse yourself in local Aboriginal traditions including a Welcome to Country ceremony performed by the local palawa people.
Day 4 - Explore the Port Arthur Historic Site today, taking a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a fascinating guided walk of the remains of Port Arthur's infamous convict prison. There will be time for you to wander the site at your leisure. On the drive back to Hobart, see the amazing natural rock formations of the craggy Tasman Arch, the Devil's Kitchen and the Blowhole. This evening, mingle with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner in one of Hobart's most iconic restaurants.
Day 5 - Your holiday concludes this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 June 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans