Yunnan Experience - 8 Days
From 2022-09-01 to 2023-04-01
7 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 6 dinners .
5 nights superior hotels (deluxe upgrade available on request).
1 overnight train: Kunming - Dali (hard sleeper cabin) .
1 overnight train: Lijiang - Kunming (soft sleeper cabin) .
Lijiang - Naxi Music show.
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (chairlift ride).
Airport arrival and departure transfer day 1 and day 8.
Excursions and touring of Kunming, Dali and Lijiang.
English speaking specialist guides at local sights.
All relevant transfers and transportation.
Entrance fees to all included sites.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Kunming Welcome to China and the start of your holiday! Enjoy an arrival transfer to our hotel. The capital of Yunnan Province, Kunming rests at 2000m above sea level! Its gentle weather and floral wealth have earned it the nickname ‘City of Eternal Spring’. Later today, you’ll visit the picturesque Western Hills and the Dragon Gate Grotto.
Day 2 - Kunming Kunming - Dali. Excursion to Stone Forest. Celebrated as a natural wonder, it’s Yunnan’s most visited sight. As you stroll along the winding paths and lookout points, you’ll be in awe of the bizaare, tightly packed formations of almost ‘petrified’ stone that forms this unusual attraction 120 km from Kunming. Tonight catch the overnight (hard) sleeper train to Dali.
Day 3 - Dali Picturesquely situated on Lake Erhai with a backdrop formed by the peaks of the 50km long Cang Shang range, Dali is a great place for some gentle-paced exploration and a little relaxation. Covering only about 4 sq km, much of Dali is contained by the remains of its Ming dynasty walls. Sightseeing in Dali and surrounds includes a cruise on Lake Erhai, some orientation stops at some ancient temples and villages, a visit to Butterfly Spring - a popular spot surrounded by a marble ballustrade and overhung by an ancient tree that produces butterfly-like flowers and the famous Three Pagodas. Built when the region was a major Buddhist centre, Dali’s distinctively tall pagodas remain upright, despite wars and earthquakes. The largest of them - Qianxun tower dates back to 824 AD, some hundred years older than the two smaller octagonal pagodas behind, is 64m high, and is embellished with Buddhas made from local richly veined marble on each of its 16 levels. Whilst sealed (preventing entrance inside), in any case the pagodas are best seen from a distance to take in their sheer size. Back in Dali, enjoy some free time exploring the old section of the town.
Day 4-5 - Tiger Leaping Gorge Dali - Lijiang. Leaving Dali on day 4, you’ll travel north to UNESCO-listed Lijiang - a Naxi stronghold, enjoy free time in the labyrinthine streets of Dayan Old Town. Evening Naxi music show.
On day 5 we head to the thrillingly named Tiger leaping gorge on the Yangtze River, where there is time to walk and take in the scenery. Some 16km long and up to 3000m deep, it is the world's deepest canyon. The gorge is so narrow at various points that legend has it a tiger once escaped pursuit by leaping across. Visiting the gorge, you’ll have a chance to walk a section and take in the dramatic, yet stark scenery.
Day 6 - Lijiang Lijiang - Kunming via Dali. Enjoy an excursion to the stunning Jade Dragon Snow Mountain; its landscape includes one of the southernmost glaciers in the world. Access to the mountain is provided by a cable lift to Dragon Spruce Meadow, halfway to the glacier peak. Visit also Yufeng Si Monastery. This evening we take the overnight soft sleeper train to Kunming.
Day 7 - Kunming Today enjoy an excursion to Kunming Flower and Bird market. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure, maybe buy some last minute souvenirs and gifts.
Day 8 - Kunming Hotel check-out and included onward transfer to airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans