From 15/04/2023 to 14/10/2023
1 Welcome Reception.
1 Regional Dinner.
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Greetings Washington, D.C. The political heart of America is your gateway to a memorable encounter with the Land of the Free and how it came to be so. After checking in to your hotel, enjoy an afternoon at leisure to explore the museums, memorials and monuments of Washington, D.C. This evening, you'll join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your journey.
Day 2 - Uncover The History Of Washington, D.C. Explore the nation's proud heritage today, view the White House, Washington Monument and National Mall, stretching from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol Building. Reflect on the country's darkest days at the Lincoln Memorial and somber memorials to World War II and the Vietnam War. This afternoon, visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture, which is the newest member of the Smithsonian Institution. It is the only national museum devoted exclusively to the documentation of African American life, history, and culture The rest of the day is free to chart your own course through America's capital city or join an Optional Experience, seeing the Nation's capital from a different perspective with a unique night illuminations tour of some of the most iconic sights and memorials, such as the Capitol building, the White House, The Jefferson Memorial, the Kennedy Center and WWII Memorial.
Day 3 - Marvel At Mount Vernon Today's travels begin treading in the footsteps of America's first president by visiting Mount Vernon, the former home of George Washington. Step back into the 18th century, strolling the estate's lush gardens, grounds, and fascinating museum galleries. Delve into the history and Dive Into Culture at the American Revolution Museum at the Yorktown Victory Center surrounded by period artifacts and experiencing first-hand the dramatic "Siege of Yorktown" with a 180-degree surround screen and dramatic special effects. Your tour continues on to Williamsburg, founded in 1638 as Middle Plantation, and the former capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Day 4 - Step Back In Time At Colonial Williamsburg This morning, we venture to Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in America, where we'll gain insights into the trials that marked the lives of early 17th century colonists. Fast forward a few centuries and spend the rest of the day in Colonial Williamsburg, once Britain's largest colony in the New World. Chat with blacksmiths, admire a fife and drum parade, and even engage in some politicking with a costumed Federalist in the town square. Partake in a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience and meet Sylvia Tabb-Lee who will bring America's slavery history into the light with storytelling, visual presentations, and song and dance.
Day 5 - Explore Charlottesville And Monticello Visit St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia-the very spot where George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were inspired by Patrick Henry's fiery "Give me liberty or give me death" speech. Continue to Charlottesville, where you'll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Then, visit Monticello, the neoclassical Italian estate where Jefferson once sought a quieter existence. The rest of your day is free.
Day 6 - Unlock The Legacy Of Gettysburg Journey through the rolling hills of the Shenandoah National Park en route to Gettysburg where we'll delve into the devastation of a four-year civil war pitting North against South. We explore the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center, our MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience contributes to their efforts to preserve the battlefield. This evening, indulge in a festive Regional Dinner at the "most haunted" 19th century Dobbin House, keeping an eye out for Uncle Abe who may grace the group with his presence.
Day 7 - Journey To Philadelphia Cast your mind back to the pivotal, yet tragic day on which Pickett led his charge on Gettysburg. Join a Local Specialist who will bring to life the events at Gettysburg which turned the tide in the Civil War. Just four months later, the battlefield served as the backdrop for Abraham Lincoln's call for "a new birth of freedom" in his famed Gettysburg Address. Guests will enjoy a Be My Guest lunch experience at the Amish home of Samuel and Ruth Lapp, who own a working 25 acre produce farm just outside of Lancaster. The Lapp Family will introduce our guests to a few Amish Traditions and host them to a family style meal with recipes passed through generations and ingredients sourced directly from their farm. * Please note, alcohol is not traditionally served with Amish meals. Drinks will be sweet tea or purified water. We'll journey to the City of Brotherly Love and site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence next. Stay in the heart of Philadelphia's historic district, within walking distance of dozens of landmark buildings. This evening, we'll join our Travel Director and fellow American history enthusiasts for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 8 - Discover The Sights Of Philadelphia Gain insights into the history of the U.S. Constitution and the effect it has had around the world during this morning's tour through Philadelphia. We'll explore the UNESCO-listed Independence National Historic Park and see its famous cracked bell whose inscription has inspired so many to "proclaim liberty". The final stop on our journey is Washington, D.C., where we'll transfer to either Dulles International Airport, Ronald Reagan National Airport or to the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown for guests extending their stay. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Gettysburg with a Local Specialist Visit Mount Vernon, Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, Gettysburg National Military Park, the National Mall, St John's Church, Independence National Historic Park View the Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol Building, the White House, Liberty Bell Dive Into Culture Relive the American Revolution at the Yorktown Victory Center surrounded by period artifacts and experiencing first-hand the dramatic "Siege of Yorktown" with a 180-degree surround screen and dramatic special effects. Dive Into Culture Meet Sylvia Tabb-Lee who will bring America's slavery history to life. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Explore the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center, where our visit helps to contribute to their efforts to preserve the battlefield. Traditional Amish Meal Guests will enjoy a Be My Guest lunch experience at the Amish home of Samuel and Ruth Lapp, who own a working 25 acre produce farm just outside of Lancaster. The Lapp Family will introduce our guests to a few Amish Traditions and host them to a family style meal with recipes passed through generations and ingredients sourced directly from their farm. * Please note, alcohol is not traditionally served with Amish meals. Drinks will be sweet tea or purified water.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans