New York Explorer
New York City
From 18/04/2024 to 23/12/2024
1 Welcome Reception.
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome To New York Guests will have a New York frame of mind as they explore the city as the locals do. Look up and see the impressive skyline which will be your companion throughout this in-depth exploration of New York City, the city that never sleeps. Whether you walk, take the subway, hail a cab or grab a ride share, you'll want to jump in immediately upon arrival. The first day is yours to explore to your heart's content before joining your Travel Director and fellow travelers this evening for a rooftop Welcome Reception at your centrally located Midtown Manhattan hotel.
Day 2 - Explore The Iconic Sights Of NYC Start your day off with a sightseeing journey through the city. From the glamorous penthouses uptown, to the bright lights of Broadway, to the charming cafes downtown you'll have front row seats as you begin to understand what makes this vibrant city tick. Continue to adventure through The Big Apple's iconic sights before heading to Summit One Vanderbilt for dramatic views of the Manhattan skyline. After some time for lunch, venture over to the Upper East Side where you'll Dive Into Culture and visit the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art. The renowned museum is globally respected for its incredible curated collection of art and artifacts that span a 5,000 year history. You'll have the opportunity to go on a tour led by a Local Specialist to get to know the secrets of the museum's paintings, sculptures, architecture, and more. Just outside of the walls of The Met lies Central Park. Here you will enjoy a guided tour of New York's favorite playground. Designed by famous landscape architect Frederick Olmsted, this beautiful spot for urban respite is often considered his greatest masterpiece - highlights include Tavern on the Green and the John Lennon Memorial at Strawberry Fields. This evening make sure to ask your Travel Director for recommendations on the city's best eats.
Day 3 - Step Behind The Broadway Curtain We'll make sure you start your day off as the locals do with breakfast at a NYC diner. Enjoy a short stack of pancakes or perhaps a local favorite - a bagel with lox, before embarking on a Dive Into Culture behind-the-scenes walking tour of Broadway. You will learn how a show is created from the first rehearsal to when the curtain rises and all the craziness in between. You'll also have the chance to get up close and personal with a performer from a Broadway show. This afternoon you are free to experience the city on your own terms. You can also join in on an Optional activity to dive deeper into the life of a New Yorker: For example, you can take an in depth guided tour of Manhattan's west side, from the historic Meatpacking District up to the growing Hudson Yards neighborhood via The High Line, an incredible park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets of the city.
Day 4 - Dive Into The City's Burroughs Today you'll be able to discover what makes each pocket of this city unique. This morning you'll have the opportunity to Dive Into Culture and learn the poignant history of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. After learning how resilient and strong the city of New York truly is, you'll take a ferry to Staten Island to enjoy views and Connect With Locals for a one of a kind Be My Guest Lunch Experience at Enoteca Maria - Nonnas of the World, where cultural diversity is celebrated by serving cuisines from around the world by real-life grandmothers. Then take the afternoon to see the city in your own way or join in on one of the great Optional Experiences curated by city experts. Go for a view of the Statue of Liberty or a trip through the Lower East Side. Finally say farewell to your fellow New York Explorers over dinner at Dock's Oyster Bar located a stones throw from historic Grand Central Station.
Day 5 - Goodbye To The Big Apple Say goodbye to energetic New York and your newfound friends, then make your way to the airport or extend your stay. Sightseeing Highlights Explore The Big Apple with a Local Specialist Visit Battery Park, Rockefeller Center, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, Broadway, Lower East Side, Brooklyn. See South Street Seaport, Chinatown, Times Square, the United Nations Building, The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty Dive Into Culture Visit the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art, the renowned museum is globally respected for its incredible curated collection of art and artifacts that span a 5,000 year history. Go on a tour to get to know the museum's paintings, sculptures, architecture, and more. Dive Into Culture Embark on a behind-the-scenes walking tour of Broadway. Learn how a show is created from the first rehearsal to when the curtain rises. You'll also have the chance to get up close and personal with a performer from a Broadway show. Dive Into Culture Learn the poignant history of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans