Wild West Cowboys and Buffalos - End Denver
From 19/05/2024 to 23/09/2024
1 Kickoff Party.
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Start Your Travels In Salt Lake City Saddle up for a Wild West family adventure starting with a relaxing afternoon together in Salt Lake City before meeting your travel buckeroos for a rootin' tootin' evening Kick-off Party with your Travel Director.
Day 2 - Idaho Potato Museum and Scavenger Hunt Put on your cowboy hats, pull up your boots and get ready to make memories that will last a lifetime. Experience the rich history and culture of the world's most humble vegetable - the potato! Visitors to the Idaho Potato Museum will learn about the many facets of the potato industry from planting and irrigation to harvesting and processing. There's no place better to showcase potatoes than in "The Potato Capital of the World," Blackfoot, Idaho! Followed by a potato-themed lunch including potato ice cream! Walk through the town's famous landmark arch of tangled elk antlers and step back in time as you explore the Town Square with its Western boardwalks, craft boutiques and ice cream shops-all surrounded by the majestic Rockies. Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant in town.
Day 3 - Grand Teton National Park Family fun awaits every day of this trip and today is no exception. If the season is right, today is your chance to get out on the water for some adventures. Rise early to float down the Snake River on an optional^, scenic wilderness float trip. It's the most relaxing way to experience the river as you learn about the history, geology, and wildlife from an expert. guide. Later, discover dramatic shimmering peaks of the Teton range rising above alpine forests and lakes in iconic Grand Teton National Park. Travel onward to your hotel for the night.
Day 4 - Yellowstone Sightseeing Today you'll enjoy a full day's exploration of the geothermal wonderland of Yellowstone. Tonight, we stay inside the UNESCO-listed Yellowstone National Park, where, from western-themed furnishings to massive stone fireplaces to a national historic landmark, each lodge has its own unique setting and atmosphere. You'll not only stay conveniently right in the park but feel good about your visit knowing that all Yellowstone National Park Lodges are stewards of the park, keeping a focus on preserving it for future generations. You'll also enjoy Old West Dinner Cookout where you'll line up for real western beef steaks cooked to order, the signature Roosevelt Baked Beans, potato salad, coleslaw, cornbread muffins, and fruit crisp.
Day 5 - Immerse Into The Culture Of The Old West This morning we make our way to Gillette, WY and enjoy a Be My Guest lunch at the Durham Bison Ranch. You will be treated to a tour of the 55,000 acre farm housing over 3,000 bison. Tip your Stetson to "Buffalo Bill" in his hometown of Cody and get a glimpse into the Spirit of the American West at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Delve into culture of the cowboy, the role of the firearm in the early days and the culture and art of the Indigenous Peoples of the Great Plains.
Day 6 - Venture Into Rapid City After a hearty breakfast, visit the Durham Bison Ranch Tour and experience one of the world's largest and oldest working buffalo ranches. With around 3,000 bison currently on 55,000 acres, Durham Ranch has been actively engaged in the raising of bison since the mid-1960s. Then your journey continues on to South Dakota and the Crazy Horse Memorial. Gaze at the towering tribute to legendary Lakota leader Crazy Horse being carved into the mountain and learn how your visit helps to preserve the culture of his people. The evening is yours to explore in Rapid City. Or consider an optional trip to the Mount Rushmore Lighting Ceremony, a chance to see one of America's most famous landmarks from a different perspective.
Day 7 - Badlands NP and Oglala Lakota Living History Village Start your visit at the Ben Reifel Visitor Center is the perfect place to get yourself oriented for your morning visit of Badlands National Park. Learn about the rich earth, science, wildlife, history, and more. You may explore museum exhibits, visit a working Fossil Preparation Lab, or stop by the park bookstore. Then you are off for some sightseeing with stops along the way to snap your best pictures. Later in the afternoon, you will Make Travel Matter with a visit to the Oglala Lakota Living History Village. It is the entry point to the beautiful landscape of the past and present culture, and of indigenous knowledge of Lakota Country on Pine Ridge Reservation. You'll get to walk on the trails through displays of living quarters from approximately the 1870's to the 1960's with a local guide. Local native artists provide an insight of the culture and tradition through their crafts and storytelling. Your visit contributes to the sustainability and resiliency of the Lakota community for generations to come.
Day 8 - Encounter The Traditions Of Black Hills Today, head for the famous Black Hills of South Dakota to view the giant faces of former American presidents etched in the stone cliffs of Mount Rushmore. This evening, join your fellow adventurers at a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience and Farewell Dinner featuring your guide Stephen Yellowhawk (or another tribe member).
Day 9 - Depart Denver Travel to Denver, where you can extend your stay or transfer to Denver International Airport for your flight home. Sightseeing Highlights Explore a cowboy ranch and choose between horseback riding and river float trips Discover Native American culture and traditions when you meet Stephen Yellowhawk and gain a greater understanding and appreciation of the richness of the culture Visit the Oregon Trail Center in Montpelier, Jackson, Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Cody, the Black Hills, Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore Stays With Stories Spend the night in the historic Togwotee Mountain Lodge. Built in 1923 and once a Native American trading spot nestled in the mountains of the Bridger-Teton National Forest. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Contribute to the preservation of the heritage of Native Americans during a visit to the Crazy Horse Memorial. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Meet Stephen Yellowhawk and discover the history of his tribe during a festive evening of dance and song.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans