From 12/05/2023 to 10/09/2023
1 Welcome Reception.
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Start Your Adventure In Anchorage Welcome to the edge of the wilderness - to a city surrounded by uninhabited landscapes and the perfect springboard to an epic adventure through Alaska. Spend the day recovering from your journey before joining your Travel Director and fellow travelers this evening for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Step Into The Wilderness Of Denali National Park Kickstart your day with a brief Anchorage City Tour before your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience visiting the Alaska Native Heritage Center and then onto the untamed wilderness of Denali National Park where a Local Specialist reveals insights into the rare subarctic flora and fauna of the park. This afternoon, you will board the Deluxe Motorcoach and head to Denali National Park. Once there late this afternoon they'll experience a "Welcome to SubArctic" Presentation by a Local Specialist to learn about the Flora and Fauna of Denali National Park. The evening is then yours to spend as you like.
Day 3 - Uncover The Natural History Of Denali Embark on an extensive Denali Natural History Tour during which you'll learn about the Alaskan natives who once lived in the park and the first ascent of Denali, North America's highest peak. You'll have the whole afternoon free to participate in an array of optional activities. See Denali's incredible landscapes on an optional helicopter flight, battle the wild waters of the Nenana River or join one of the free Denali National Park Service Programs.
Day 4 - Explore Denali And Venture To Fairbanks Tune into your beautiful surrounds as you'll have the whole morning to connect with Denali on your terms. Later, we'll board a deluxe dome railcar on the Alaska Railroad, and make our way to the Golden Heart City of Fairbanks. A delicious Regional Meal is served aboard the train before our arrival in Alaska's Northern Lights capital.
Day 5 - Dig Deep Into Alaskan Culture After breakfast, you will enjoy a city tour of Fairbanks. Then you'll be digging into insights of Alaska's Gold Rush. Dive Into Culture with Fairbanks' own Gold Daughters who will guide you through the process of panning for gold in real Alaskan paydirt. Then, you are boarding the Riverboat Discovery to visit a recreated Athabascan Indian Village. To conclude your day, Connect With Locals and enjoy a special visit to the home of David Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity, to learn about the sport of Dog Mushing in Alaska. Join him and his dogs for a Be My Guest experience meal.
Day 6 - Take A Scenic Journey To Valdez We journey south to the port community of Valdez located along Prince William Sound. As you carve your way through this rugged state you'll view the snow-capped summits of the Alaska Range, expansive glaciers and the Trans Alaska Pipeline which runs parallel to the highway. Stretch your legs during a brief stop at the Historic Rika Roadhouse, an important crossroads for travelers, and the Wrangell St. Elias Visitors Center, before arriving in Valdez.
Day 7 - Spot The WIldlife Of Valdez Delve into the heritage and culture of Valdez, the Copper River Basin and Prince William Sound during this morning's visit to the Valdez Museum. Keep a keen eye out for seals, otters, sea lions and porpoises as you cruise around Prince William Sound, admiring the plunging ice cliffs of Columbia Glacier which have calved giant icebergs into the bay. Enjoy lunch against the backdrop of your wild surrounds before returning to Valdez, your home for a second night.
Day 8 - Travel Back To Anchorage We begin our return journey to Anchorage this morning, crossing Thompson Pass. Enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience during your afternoon stop at the Musk Ox Farm. Here you'll join a Local Specialist for a guided tour to view the Artic Musk Oxen and learn how this non-profit organization promotes sustainable agriculture practice. Continuing your journey west, arriving in Anchorage later today where you'll toast to new friends over a memorable Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 9 - Glance At Glaciers We journey along the Scenic Seward Byway this morning to the port community of Seward. Our first stop is for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, where a Local Specialist will reveal the role of this wildlife rehabilitation center. Next up is a sightseeing cruise, including lunch, into the icy heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Share the waters with Humpback whales and glacial icebergs.
Day 10 - Depart Anchorage Our adventure through the rugged Alaskan wilderness has come to an end. Depart Anchorage at leisure or connect with a southbound Alaska cruise. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Valdez, Seward, Denali National Park and Kenai Fjords National Park Visit Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali National Park, Valdez, Seward, Alaska Native Heritage Center, Wrangell St Elias Visitor Center, Valdez Museum, Musk Ox Farm, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center View Historic Rika Roadhouse, Big Delta State Historical Park, Alaska Range, Wrangell St. Elias National Park, Mt. Denali Scenic Drive along the Scenic Seward Byway Scenic Cruise through Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords National Park and board a riverboat in Fairbanks Iconic Train journey through Alaska's wilderness aboard the Alaska Railroad Dive Into Culture Board the Riverboat Discovery to hear tales of the Gold Rush boom and visit a recreated Athabascan village. Connect With Locals To conclude your day, enjoy a special visit to the home of Dave Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity to learn about the sport of Dog Mushing in Alaska. Join him and his dogs for a Be My Guest dinner experience. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Take a guided tour of a Musk Ox Farm and learn how this non-profit organization promotes sustainable agriculture. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans