California's Great National Parks
From 18/05/2024 to 19/10/2024
1 Welcome Reception.
1 Farewell Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Soar Above The Neon Lights Of Vegas Begin your exploration in Las Vegas. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception at The LINQ before you head out to the Las Vegas Strip. In the evening you will find yourself soaring 550 feet above the center of the Las Vegas Strip on the High Roller, the world's tallest observation wheel.
Day 2 - Travel Through Stoic Death Valley National Park Immerse yourself in the solitude and desolation of Death Valley--UNESCO World Heritage Site and barren, yet unexpectedly lively land of extremes which we will have an opportunity to explore for part of today. Admire scenic views of the undulating rocky landscape at Zabriskie Point and learn about the valley's unique geological features, history and intriguing weather patterns. Descend below sea level to the Badwater Basin. After lunch at 1849 Restaurant at The Ranch at Death Valley, we continue through the desert landscape of Death Valley ascending to Mammoth Lakes, our home for the night.
Day 3 - Dine In The Clouds At Mammoth Mountain Take a scenic Gondola ride to the peak of Mammoth Mountain (seasonal) and enjoy the stunning views while you enjoy a tasty breakfast. Touch the clouds through the Tioga Pass (seasonal) and enter the UNESCO-listed Yosemite National Park. Driving past Tenaya Lake and Tuolumne Meadows, we journey to Yosemite Valley where we'll embark on a special valley floor tour. View Yosemite Valley's El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and Bridalveil Fall. Our Stays With Stories experience tonight includes a cozy, lodge atmosphere and is located just a stone's throw from Yosemite Falls.
Day 4 - Stroll Or Hike In Yosemite Explore Yosemite National Park today, famed for its giant, ancient sequoia trees, grand meadows, and iconic rock formations. Enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience as you meet a naturalist through the Yosemite Conservancy that will delve into the dynamic history of climbing in Yosemite through fascinating stories, photographs, and demonstrations. The Yosemite Conservancy is a non-profit organization that has provided over $140 million to Yosemite for more than 700 completed projects. They help improve trails, restore habitat, protect wildlife and inspire the next generation of nature-lovers. After the tour, you can explore Yosemite Valley's El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and Bridalveil Fall. The rest of the day is yours and in Yosemite the possibilities are endless.
Day 5 - Enjoy The Night Sky Under Sequoias And Stars Departing Yosemite, stretch your legs in Kings Canyon National Park and gaze towards the sky as you greet the giant boughs of General Grant Tree. Enjoy a birds-eye view of the Kings Canyon before you continue along the Majestic Mountain Loop. Towering redwood trunks frame your journey to Sequoia National Park, where we'll spend the night in our Stays With Stories surrounded by forest and soaring Sierra peaks. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) and spend the evening gazing upwards at the star-spangled sky as a local naturalist guides you through the constellations.
Day 6 - Meet The World's Largest Living Tree Tread in the footsteps of giants, walking beneath the soaring sequoia canopy to see first-hand the world's largest living tree, General Sherman. Learn about the Giant Forest and its history during a stop at the Giant Forest Museum, then enjoy a leisurely walk along the Big Trees Trail, connecting with the invigorating natural surrounds. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the park on your terms, using the complimentary shuttle system (seasonal).
Day 7 - Get A Taste Of Luxurious Beverly Hills Travel to Los Angeles, where you'll stroll down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, considered America's epicenter of highend lifestyle. As our invigorating encounter with California's epic natural beauty comes to an end, we join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 8 - Farewell California After our tremendous journey through California's national parks, the time has come for us to say goodbye. Prepare to leave Los Angeles International Airport or consider extending your stay. Sightseeing Highlights Visit Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Mammoth Lakes, Death Valley National Park, Giant Forest Museum, Rodeo Drive See El Capitain, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls View Zabriskie Point and Badwater Basin in Death Valley National Park, General Grant Tree in Kings Canyon National Park, General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park Scenic Drive along Tioga Pass Tickets Included Mammoth Mountain Scenic Gondola. Stays With Stories Stay at the Yosemite Valley Lodge located close to Yosemite Falls in the middle of the national park. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Meet a climber and naturalist that will delve into the dynamic history of climbing in Yosemite. Enjoy storytelling, photographs, see the old and new climbing gear, as well as ask questions about how they help improve trails, restore habitat, protect wildlife, and inspire the next generation of nature-lovers, and more. Stays With Stories The Wuksachi Lodge in the heart of Sequoia National Park surrounded by forest and soaring Sierra peaks.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans