Delve Deep: Jordan
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Amman (Jordan)
Punch ‘7000 BC’ into the time machine and hold onto your backpack, you’ve just landed in a city discovered thousands – yep, THOUSANDS – of years ago. Find your name on a placard at Arrivals – it’s in the hands of your super-stoked Topdeck Rep. Fling your stuff in the hotel room, introduce yourself to the rest of the #travelgang and get ready to make memories. Got a growling tum? Stuff your face with local eats at tonight’s included group dinner.
Day 2 - Amman – Madaba, Mt Nebo and Karak – Petra
Get your fill of brekkie goodness. You’re gonna need it as we hit the road to Petra. The Lost City is the end goal, but the journey is just as sweet. First? Madaba. Known as the City of Mosaics, every corner EXPLODES with intricacy, vitality and colour. Want to see the blueprint of today’s Sat Nav? The ancient Madaba Map – detailing sacred lands from Egypt to Lebanon – is not to be missed. Next stop: Mt Nebo. Step into the sandals of Moses and soak up breathtaking views of the Promised Land. Then: saddle up and charge Karak Castle, one of the largest crusader strongholds ever built. About to collapse from pure elation? We’re not done yet. Experience Petra – after dark. Opt for a surreal walking tour feat. traditional music and a carpet of 1,500 glowing candles. One word: astounding.
Day 3 - Petra
Can you imagine wandering through the streets of a 10,000-year-old city? Don't just imagine it. LIVE it. The Lost City is a labyrinth of ancient tombs, hypnotic temples and flaming-red cliff faces. Our day begins with an orientation walk with our expert Trip Leader. Then: spend the arvo uncovering all of Petra’s secrets for yourself. A fan of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Rock the fedora and pose for a photo in front of the iconic rose-red façade. Bucket-list moment: tick! Worked up an appetite? You won’t wanna miss tonight’s optional dinner: an authentic meal of maqluba with a local family. Awesome food with awesome people guaranteed.
Day 4 - Petra – Wadi Rum
Camels? Desert transport is much quicker with less slobber these days. After brekkie, hop in a 4x4 and cruise across the burnt-orange sands of The Valley of the Moon. If you fancy your chances against the creatures who chomp on almost everything in sight, an optional camel ride is available. The final destination for one night only? A Bedouin Camp in the crux of the Jordanian desert. Dinner is prepared by a nomadic tribe who has seen the world evolve before its very eyes. Authentic food, hearty tales, and a group of unforgettable camp mates – what more could you want? We’re sleeping under the stars tonight, and there’s no feeling like it.
Day 5 - Wadi Rum – Aqaba
We’re swapping sand for sea today, so get ready for all things aquatic at Aqaba! The only coastal city in Jordan sits on the edge of the Red Sea. You know what that means? It's your chance to trade feet for fins and dive right in! Spot Sebastian, Nemo and some coooool dude turtles. Discover lost army tanks, sunken airplanes and mysterious shipwrecks. Once you’re done with your gills, it’s time to hang up the flippers and head to the beach for sunset. A shawarma (Jordanian kebab) isn’t for sharing, but there’s plenty to go round!
Day 6 - Aqaba – Dead Sea – Amman
A big fan of salt? You love it on your hot chips. But how about on your skin? ’Cos the Dead Sea is FULL of it. Float on top of the rippling water like a weightless cloud. Even after a hefty serving of breakfast. Ever dipped a papercut into salt by accident? Yep. You’ve just scrunched up your face. Same thing applies here – let those hairs grow. Nobody is looking – pinky swear. Soak up the natural minerals, say see ya to stress, and then wave goodbye to the lowest point on Earth. We’re going full circle back to where this journey began: Amman. Here, our top-tier Trip Leader will fill you in on allll the historical deets with a walking tour. Byzantine Basilica, Ummayad Palace, the Temple of Hercules... Hope you're ready to catch your jaw – it’s about to DROP.
Day 7 - Amman, including Jerash
Still haven’t had your fill of history lessons? Grab a goblet, you’re off to Jerash – home to Roman ruins so good even Italy’s jealous. Check out Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Zeus. Stroll down the columned cardo maximus. Then find a fallen column to rest up on and enjoy the jaw-dropping views. Not continuing the adventure in Israel? Wave farewell to the trip mates who are travelling on. Back in Amman, the afternoon is yours. Head downtown for all the ancient city vibes. Take a coffee break in the hip area of Jabal Al Lweibdeh. Or check out the thriving contemporary art scene in Jabal Amman. And tonight? We’ll give this incred trip the send-off it deserves with one final group dinner at a local eatery.
Day 8 - Amman
Down your pomegranate juice and brush away those tears – we’ll say our goodbyes after breakfast. WHAT an adventure it’s been. Swap those Insta handles and pencil in next year’s reunion trip.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..