Jewels of the Bay
Bay of Islands
From 07/04/2024 to 25/03/2025
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
All land transport shown.
All transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Depart Auckland for the Bay of Islands Begin your short and sweet New Zealand island adventure travelling north from Auckland over the Harbour Bridge continuing through Northland's lush farmland of green and blue hills before arriving in the beautiful Bay of Islands, 144 islands dotting the bay with golden beaches. On arrival you'll start the trip discovering the stories, people, and events that shaped Aotearoa New Zealand at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. You'll be enlightened by a Local Specialist, who will bring to life the world's largest ceremonial war canoe, the 'whaka,' the historic Treaty House, and carved Meeting House. Stand where the Treaty of Waitangi was signed in 1840 and visit the Carving Studio to meet the carvers and learn about the M?ori art of whakairo (wood carving). Then there's time to explore Te K?ngahu Museum of Waitangi, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience through stewardship of the Waitangi National Trust. Whether you're from near or far, this in-depth experience will give an appreciation for the stories that have shaped New Zealand at the very spot it was founded. Stay overnight in the jewel of the Bay of Islands, renowned for its secluded bays, warm weather, and buzzing caf? culture. This evening, get to know your Travel Director and group over a Welcome Reception, where seafood plucked straight from the ocean is the star of the show, washed down with delicious New Zealand wine.
Day 2 - Bay of Islands is All Yours Today is all about exploring the enchanting beauty of the Bay of Islands from its signature golden sands, water, and vibrant green hillsides and there are plenty of options to show off all its angles. You could choose an Optional Hole in the Rock boat ride to Cape Brett to see New Zealand's largest sea cave. Cruising through the turquoise waters passing beaches and secluded bays, keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, seals, and penguins in this pristine tropical setting. Wine lovers could learn more about the local drop, savouring the bold flavours of the region's full-bodied reds while embarking on a memorable Bay of Islands wine tasting tour to organic Ake Ake Vineyard and the award-winning Marsden Estate. After yesterday's cultural immersion, you could take it even further with a Russell Mini Tour to learn about the area's historical significanc. Take a walk back in time to discover its wild ways as a port town with evidence of its colourful heritage in the historic buildings. After an action-packed day, head to one of the restaurants along the waterfront and raise a glass while watching the sun set on another glorious day in 'The Bay'.
Day 3 - Farewell Bay of Islands and Auckland There's no need to rush this morning as you get your final fix of paradise before returning to Auckland. Take a stroll on the beach to set the right tone for your day and enjoy a leisurely coffee, watching this serene seaside haven come to life. Our scenic journey south stops in Whangarei, the northernmost city in New Zealand, where there's time to admire local art and stroll along the marina in the Town Basin. Learn about the stories and legends of the people of the land, their special connection to nature, and how they once ruled Aotearoa, the land of the long white cloud. Later, enjoy a drive through the Rodney District before arriving in Auckland where your memorable encounter with New Zealand's Bay of Islands comes to an end. Sightseeing Highlights Explore the Waitangi Treaty Grounds in the Bay of Islands with a Local Specialist View lush farmland scenery of Northland and marine life in Bay of Islands MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) The guardians of the Waitangi Natural Trust, preserve, protect and present treasures in the Trust's care.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans