Wonders of Australia
From 18/01/2024 to 05/04/2024
1 Be My Guest.
1 Regional Dinner.
1 Farewell Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
All land transport shown.
All transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air Flights: Brisbane to Hamilton Island and Hamilton Island to Sydney.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Brisbane Welcome to Brisbane, the capital of Queensland (flights to arrive prior to 2pm). Today you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travel companions and head to a unique Be My Guest experience at City Winery - Brisbane's first urban winery. Connect With Locals over a dinner hosted by the group sommelier or winemaker, where you'll learn about the inner workings of this micro-winery, which sources grapes from across Australia's celebrated wine regions. Learn about how food and wine work together in this unforgettable food and wine pairing. It is the perfect introduction to Brisbane's modern, vibrant and generous spirit.
Day 2 - Explore Bountiful Brisbane and Beyond This morning, you'll Dive Into Culture on an indigenous walking tour of Brisbane. As the captivating sounds of the Didgeridoo ring out, you'll uncover the fascinating history, art and rich cultural heritage of Meeanjin (Brisbane City) with an Aboriginal Local Specialist, whose ancestors inhabited the shores of the Brisbane River for over 40,000 years. The afternoon and evening is yours, to perhaps explore the Queen Street Mall, Queen's Wharf or the trendy bars and restaurants of Brisbane's South Bank.
Day 3 - Hamilton Island, where Memories are Made Fly to an unspoilt island paradise in the very heart of Queensland's Whitsundays, Hamilton Island. Slip straight into relaxation mode as you contemplate life on 'Hamo' - as it's affectionately known by locals - marvelling at its long white beaches and teal water, brimming with marine life. Book your spot on a sun lounger at the pool, head for a walk on one of the island's many hiking trails, or grab a golf buggy to explore this car-free coastal wonderland at your own pace (driver's licence required). Grab dinner at your hotel before heading to bed, tomorrow is a bucket-list day of epic proportions.
Day 4 - Wonders of the Great Barrier Reef Explore the Whitsundays, an island archipelago in the Coral Sea - and your tropical gateway to the iconic Great Barrier Reef. Cruise across the impossibly blue waters of the World Heritage listed marine park to explore the hidden corners and colourful depths of the reef, making a stop at Whitsundays' floating pontoon, the perfect platform from which to experience the amazing marine life and corals of the Whitsundays. Swim or snorkel (equipment provided), before indulging in a buffet lunch, while a whole other world swims peacefully below. Why not consider an Optional scenic flight from the pontoon and experience the Great Barrier Reef, one of the seven natural wonders of the world, from above - including the famous Heart Reef, a stunning composition of coral perfectly formed in the shape of a heart.
Day 5 - Time to Chill on Hamilton Island Spend the day in complete relaxation or continue exploring the natural beauty of the island. Enjoy a coffee at the marina, lace up your hiking boots and head up Passage Peak for flagship views across the archipelago. Don your swimming togs for a dip in the warm waters off Catseye Beach - or go in search of Coral Cove, one of the island's most secluded inlets. We highly recommend booking an optional catamaran cruise to the stunning silica beach of Whitehaven - the most beautiful beach in all the Whitsundays (and arguably, Australia).
Day 6 - Harbourside Sydney An easy start to the day gives you some more time to enjoy Hamilton Island. Savour a leisurely breakfast, sneak in one last swim and soak up the views - soon we'll board our flight to Sydney. This evening you'll catch the sunset from Sydney's popular Darling Harbour, watching the city light up around you as you enjoy a Regional Dinner at a waterside restaurant.
Day 7 - Savour the Sights of Sydney This morning you'll join a Local Specialist for a Behind the Scenes Sydney Opera House Tour. You'll walk up the steps and under the 'sails' of this iconic building, to delve into the heart and history of one of the world's most beloved opera houses. Take in the Drama Theatre, the Playhouse and the spectacular Concert Hall, before pausing on the lower concourse to watch the world go by. For a change of scene, we'll head to Sydney's famous Bondi Beach. Enjoy some free time to wander along the strip, heading in and out of surf shops, which stand shoulder to shoulder with fashion boutiques and gift stores. Grab a bite to eat at one of Bondi's sidewalk caf?s - or dip your toes into the warm Pacific Ocean. Active souls can follow the boardwalk as it twists and turns above sandstone cliffs, past Australia's oldest lighthouse for dramatic views across the ocean. This afternoon, join us at Our Big Kitchen, a community organisation that encourages individuals to help provide meals for those in need, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience. This evening is at leisure, so take the opportunity to explore Sydney's vibrant CBD, Darling Harbour and Circular Quay.
Day 8 - Sydney, It's All Yours Today Get your final fix of Sydney with a full day to explore. Soak up incredible city views on a ferry trip to Manly Beach, wander around the Royal Botanic Garden, or get your adrenaline racing with an Optional Experience thrilling climb up (and over) Sydney Harbour Bridge. With so much to see and do, you'll need every last second available. This evening you'll join your Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Farewell Dinner cruise around Sydney Harbour. Have your camera handy as you sail past Sydney's most iconic sights, your Australian adventure is coming to end.
Day 9 - Farewell Sydney It's a final, fond farewell to Sydney as we transfer you to Sydney Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime). Sightseeing Highlights Explore Brisbane, and Sydney Opera House with a Local Specialist Discover Sydney Visit Bondi Beach Scenic Cruise on the Great Barrier Reef Connect with Locals Learn about the inner workings of a micro-winery in Brisbane and then join the group sommelier or winemaker for an exclusive Be My Guest experience featuring food and wine pairing. Dive into Culture Meet an Aboriginal guide for an indigenous walking tour of Brisbane to discover Meeanjin (Brisbane City) history, art and rich cultural heritage. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Join the team members at Our Big Kitchen, a community organisation that encourages individuals to help provide meals for those in need.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans