Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Family Adventure
From 04/04/2024 to 30/09/2025
As a family, learn about the ancient culture and traditions of the Aboriginal people of the Northern Coast Wetland region in an engaging and educational experience.
Discover waterfalls, swim in plunge pools and marvel at 2 metre high magnetic termite mounds in the ever-surprising Litchfield National Park.
The kids will love discovering the wonders of Kakadu National Park and spotting ancient rock art dating back thousands of years.
Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate leader and the magic of camping under the great southern sky in comfortable permanent tents.
With almost all meals included on this family adventure, you can spend more time admiring the incredible landscapes and less time worrying about cooking!.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Pudakul Cultural Experience.
Litchfield National Park - Highlights, including Florence Falls, Wangi Falls & Buley Rockholes.
Kakadu National Park - Ubirr Rock Art Cultural Walk.
Kakadu National Park - Burrungkuy (Nourlangie) rock art site.
Nitmiluk National Park - Leliyn (Edith Falls) Upper Circuit Walk & Swim.
Kakadu National Park - Warradjan Cultural Centre.
Katherine - Hot Springs.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Darwin Welcome to the Northern Territory! Your family adventure begins early this morning in the tropical city of Darwin (Gulumerrdgen in the language of the local Larrakia people, who are the traditional owners of the land on which Darwin is now located). Set off from Darwin and head south to Litchfield National Park, a huge sandstone plateau with dozens of waterfalls. Explore the stunning Florence Falls and cool off with a swim in the picturesque plunge pool. After a picnic lunch you'll have time to explore the incredible Magnetic Termite Mounds before we hitting the road to Wulna Country, where your Limilngan-Wulna hosts - the land's Traditional Owners - will greet you with a Cul Cul or 'Welcome to Country'. You and the kids will learn about their culture during bush tucker talks and didgeridoo and basket weaving demonstrations. Enjoy an authentic Aussie BBQ dinner before climbing into bed at a private campsite in the Mary River region.
2 - Kakadu National Park After breakfast this morning, head into Kakadu National Park and discover ancient Aboriginal rock art in Ubirr. Your leader will guide you on an interpretive cultural walk through the numerous rock galleries, before you climb to the top of a lookout for views over the Nardab floodplain. Time permitting you will stop off to discover another rock art site at Burrungkuy (Nourlangie) before making your way to the campsite where the kids will have fun swimming in the campground pool and everyone will enjoy a delicious camp dinner. This evening you may like to go on the renowned Yellow Water River Cruise at sunset for a chance to spot an abundance of wildlife or simply relax at the campsite, the choice is yours.
3 - Kakadu National Park This morning head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre which was developed by the traditional owners of Kakadu as an interactive and educational experience, sharing the stories and culture of the Bininj/Mungguy people. You may see local artists painting or teaching the art of traditional weaving to visitors and you can even purchase their handicrafts in the gallery shop if you would like. Then it's time to make your way down to Leliyn (Edith Falls) for a picnic lunch and refreshing swim before arriving to your private campsite for this evening in Nitmiluk National Park (Katherine Gorge). Enjoy freshly baked pizzas as you sit back and watch the sun set on another magnificant day in the Top End.
4 - Nitmiluk National Park Depending on the season, head out on an early morning cruise along the inky waters of Katherine Gorge, or canoe between red rock walls that are up to 70 metres high (both of these activities are optional and at your own expense). This 23 million-year-old landscape was formed by the Katherine River, which flows from Arnhem Land out to the Timor Sea. Then it's time to head into Katherine where you will have the opportunity to pick up some lunch and enjoy a quick dip in the Hot Springs before the final drive back to Darwin, where your adventure comes to an end on arrival.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans