India's Golden Triangle
From 12/07/2021 to 03/01/2023
Experience the character of Old Delhi on a rickshaw and walking tour, weaving through the narrow alleyways and exploring Delhi’s oldest mosque.
See the Taj Mahal up close and wonder at the intricate optical illusions that decorate the marble on this sumptuous masterpiece of Indian architecture.
Tour the spectacular hillside Amber Fort and wonder at the Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors), where the walls are covered in a mosaic of reflective and coloured glass.
Take a break from bustling cities in rural Rajasthan, where you can catch your breath and spend the night in the faded opulence of your heritage stay.
This trip is perfect for people short on time, as long travel days are kept to a minimum on an itinerary that hits several icons of North India.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (6 nights),Heritage Property (1 night).
Private vehicle,Shuttle bus,Cycle rickshaw,Auto rickshaw,Metro.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour.
Delhi - Jama Masjid.
Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple).
Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour.
Jaipur - Amber Fort.
Karauli - Village walk.
Fatehpur Sikri - Guided tour.
Agra - Taj Mahal.
Agra - Agra Fort.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Delhi Namaste! Welcome to India. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. If you arrive with hours (or days) to spare, consider striking out on your own, perhaps to visit the World Heritage-listed Humayun's Tomb. A great (and tasty) way to get under the city’s skin in very little time is to book an Urban Adventure like the Delhi City Food Crawl. After the 6 pm meeting, head out for an optional meal with your group at a local restaurant.
Day 2 - Delhi Join your group leader on an excursion through Old Delhi. Ride the city’s metro system, and then hop in a rickshaw to the once water-filled square of Chandni Chowk. Discover the Jama Masjid, Delhi’s oldest mosque, before learning about the history of the Sikh religion at the Sheeshganj Gurudwara.
Day 3 - Jaipur Travel by private vehicle into Rajasthan and on to its capital, Jaipur (approximately 5 - 6 hours). A friendly, busy city crammed with palaces and bazaars full of jewellery, textiles and folk arts, Jaipur is a favourite for many travellers. Our suggestions are to stop by the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds), then head over to Jaipur's Royal City Palace and explore its extravagant rooms and apartments. Later, discover one of the five astronomical observatories built by Maharaja Jai Singh, the founder of Jaipur.
Day 4 - Jaipur Choose to take an early morning hot air balloon experience, often a highlight of visiting Jaipur. Ballooning can be done over Jaipur on the morning of day four between September and June. Mid-afternoon visit the Amber Fort. Set on a hilltop overlooking Maota Lake, the fort is an authentic example of Rajput architecture and the Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors) is one of its more spectacular buildings.
Day 5 - Karauli Leave the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur behind and drive to Karauli (approximately 5-6 hours). This delightful town was founded in 1348 and is packed with rural ambiance and traditional temples. Take a guided walk around the Old Quarter, interacting with friendly locals and learning about rural Indian life off the tourist trail. Be sure to visit the eclectic market stalls along the way and sample some seasonal local sweets made from Indian ingredients, including petha (pumpkin), jaggery (organic sugar), peanut brittle, and gazak (sesame seeds). Stay in a restored heritage property tonight where dinner is included.
Day 6 - Fatehpur Sikri – Agra On the journey to Agra, stop en route at the one-time capital of the Mughal empire, Fatehpur Sikri (approximately 4 hours). Its stunning mosque displays both Persian and Hindu design and is secured by a 54-metre high entrance. Once in Agra, there’s the option of visiting the marble tomb that was saved for the greatest of the Mughal Emperors, Akbar's Mausoleum. The day then culminates in a visit to the Taj Mahal, built in the 1640s as a memorial to the wife of Emperor Shah Jahan.
Day 7 - Delhi In the morning, take a guided tour along the banks of the Yamuna River to the iconic Agra Fort. Originally designed by Emperor Akbar in 1565 to be a military structure, it was converted into a palace during Emperor Shah Jahan's reign and later became his prison. Perhaps stop for lunch at Sheroes Hangout, a vegetarian & vegan cafe. This beautiful cafe is a one of kind social enterprise providing employment and opportunities for women who were the victims of acid attacks. In the early afternoon, take the 3-4 hour journey back to Delhi by private bus. Arrive back at the hotel with enough time to freshen up and decide where to enjoy one final dinner with the group.
Day 8 - Delhi There are no activities planned for the final day and you're able to depart the accommodation at any time. Check out time from the hotel is 12 noon. If you are departing later, you can arrange luggage storage at the hotel. If you decide to stay an extra couple of days, there are plenty of activities in and around the city to enjoy.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans