Sail Italy: Amalfi to Procida
From 29/06/2021 to 30/09/2022
Step back in time among the olive groves, ancient villages and medieval architecture of Amalfi.
This town retains a rustic charm, and you’ll have plenty of time to explore before you set sail.
Explore the caves of Capri’s Grotta Azzura (Blue Grotto) and swim in the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean as you while away the day on board your small yacht.
If it was good enough to be the holiday destination of Roman emperors, the idyllic city of Capri is good enough for anyone.
Let the isle’s history captivate you as you spend the day exploring with your small group.
With its pastel buildings and tranquil marina, mooring in the town of Procida is an ideal place to relax by the sea with an apertif or explore on foot.
What to do when you’re not sailing or exploring, you ask? Eating, of course.
With delicious regional cuisine and some freshly caught seafood hauled in locally each day, you definitely won’t go hungry.
Overnight boat (3 nts).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 8.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Amalfi Welcome to Italy! Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 1 pm today. After stopping by the local supermarket with your group leader to pick up supplies for your sail, the rest of the day is yours to discover Amalfi. With your free time, you could check out the medieval architecture of Sant'Andrea Cathedral and Cappuccini Convent. You may like to take a walk along narrow trails through olive groves, vineyards and ancient villages. While the trails are steep and full of stairs, there are spectacular views over the ocean at regular intervals. In the evening, why not join an optional dinner with your group full of local seafood and gelato. Tonight will be spent on board the boat.
Day 2 - Capri Today, set sail to the Isle of Capri – once home to the magnificent holiday palaces of the Roman emperors. After we arrive in Capri, there is an opportunity to take an optional excursion in a small motorboat and circumnavigate the Isle of Capri. View the island and its impressive cliffs and many grottos; visit the green, white and of course the famous Blue Grotto. To enter the Blue Grotto, you'll need to switch to a smaller row boat and although swimming in the grotto isn’t permitted, there’s a small platform close by where you can take a dip. After this there will time to catch the bus to the Town of Capri or visit the Hillside town of Annacapri. If you head to Anacapri, it's worth visiting the Villa San Michele – the former home to a Swedish doctor that's built on the ruins of a Roman villa. Make your way to Capri Town by the Phoenician Steps (Scala Fenicia), which is a long, steep stairway that links the towns of Capri and Anacapri. A moderate level of fitness and comfortable shoes are required if you decide to climb the steps.
Day 3 - Procida This morning, sail to Procida. If the conditions are right we can visit one of the quieter beaches of Pozzo Vecchio. Located in a horseshoe shaped bay, the beach is sheltered from the wind and waves and is famous locally for being the scene of the film the 'The Postman'. Weather depending, you may be able to swim straight off the back of the boat! On the way back to the main marina, we sail past Marina Della Corricella and see one of the most photographed parts of this island. Tonight, enjoy a group dinner, in town, of rabbit stew or seafood, local wine and some Limoncello.
Day 4 - Procida With no activities planned for today, your Amalfi Coast sailing adventure comes to an end at around 11 am this morning. Your skipper can assist you with directions to the ferry terminal for your return to the mainland. Otherwise, if you’d like to spend more time in Prodica, we’ll be happy to organise additional land-based accommodation (subject to availability). Your leader will be able to direct you to your hotel on arrival.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans