Annapurna Homestay Trek
From 01/06/2021 to 02/01/2023
The hills can be steep and the going tough, but the rewards at your destination are well worth the aching legs.
Sit back with a cup of tea after a long day and watch the kids play, the sun set and the locals go about their lives.
Pokhara must be the most relaxed place in Nepal.
Spend a few extra days soaking it up.
Gain a fascinating insight into 'real' life in the Gurung villages, where you're unlikely to see other tourists.
Watch a magnificent sunrise over the Himalayan massif from Sarangkot.
Prepare for some stunning views of the surrounding snowy mountains.
Better yet, enjoy these with a local leader and porters who will quickly become firm friends.
Stay in local tea houses for a more authentic experience.
Homestay (4 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Pokhara/Kalikasthan - Yangjakot trek (1440m) Namaste! Welcome to Nepal. Meet your trek leader at the Pokhara office at 9.00AM ready to embark on a scenic drive to the outlying village of Kalikasthan. Enter a world of friendly villagers, terraced fields, alpine meadows and rhododendron forest set before a back-drop of snow-clad peaks. Begin with a walk down to the Modi river (2hrs approx). Along the way pass through delightful little villages and enjoy mesmerizing vistas of the Lamjung Himal and Annapurna II mountains. Cross over a long suspension bridge in the Modi Valley, pass through a densely shaded Sal forest, and ascend steeply to the village of Chachowk. Continue on to the village of Yangjakot where we spend the night in a homestay (3hrs approx.) (1440m).
Day 2 - Yangjakot - Tanting trek (1580m) This morning take a gradually descending track down to the Modi Valley (1.5hr approx). Cross the river and follow the path on the western flank of the river to the village of Chasu (1.5hr approx). A long flight of steep but well-laid stone steps tests your fitness and takes you past verdant terraced fields to Tanting (2hrs approx). This Gurung village is typical of the raw beauty of traditional Nepalese hillside villages. We spend the night in a homestay (1580m).
Day 3 - Tanting - Siklis trek (1980m) This morning take the gradual descending track down to the river (1.5hr approx). After crossing, head to uphill to Siklis, where we stop for the day ( 2.5 hr approx) (1980m). You'll be hard pressed to find a more delightful place to spend your day than Siklis, a village with welcoming inhabitants, picturesque terraced fields, alpine meadows and views of the giants of the Annapurnas section of the Himalayas: Annapurna IV (7,525m), Annapurna II (7,937m) and the monolithic hulk of Lamjung Himal. There are many activities with which to fill your time in this village. You can hike to viewpoints, explore the surrounding villages, and soak up the rhythm of local life. You can also help your host with the daily chores, perhaps getting your hands dirty in the farms!
Day 4 - Siklis to Ghale Gaun trek (1620m) After a tranquil day in Siklis, set out on the longest section of your trek. Leave the village and enter deep woods trekking westwards with snow-capped peaks to your right. Make a steep climb up to a grassy wooded knoll known as Tara Top (4hrs approx) (2800m). This is the vantage-point for a spectacular 360-degree view that encompasses most of the Annapurna massif. Clear skies will allow for unforgettable memories of this majestic panorama. Descend through shady forests of rhododendron hung heavy with lichen and moss, with wild flowers on the sunnier banks and wild orchids attached to the branches above us, before arriving at Ghale Gaun (approx 3hrs), our stop for the night (1620m).
Day 5 - Ghale Gaun to Bhurjung Khola trek/Pokhara Head down to Bhurjung Khola, a tributary of the Seti River, following it south until you reach the road-head (2hrs approx) where your transport awaits to return you to Pokhara (1.5hr drive). Our trip finishes in Pokhara this afternoon around 1pm. Extra accommodation or a transfer back to Kathmandu are available. If you wish to leave today, you will need to book a flight as buses to Kathmandu all leave before 1pm. Please speak to your agent when booking.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans