Perito Moreno Glacier Short Break
From 01/10/2020 to 02/01/2021
View one of Patagonia’s most spectacular natural wonders.
Have a chance to see enormous slabs of ice crash into the lake.
Walk around the catwalks and see both faces of the glacier.
Experience the power of nature in its raw, mighty form.
Choose to take a boat trip on Lake Argentino and see the glacier up-close.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Hotel (2 nts).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
El Calafate - Entrance to Los Glaciares National Park.
El Calafate - Perito Moreno Glacier visit.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - El Calafate Bienvenidos! Welcome to Argentina. You can arrive at any time on day 1 as there are no activities planned. A welcome note will be waiting for you with a detailed itinerary for tomorrow. You will also receive a phone call at the hotel from our local representative at approximately 6pm today. El Calafate is a small town on the southern shore of Lago Argentino in Patagonia. Originally a sheep station and trading outpost, today the town has developed a bustling small town atmosphere thanks to a growing tourist trade. Most people base themselves here whilst visiting the nearby Perito Moreno Glacier, located a short distance away at the southern reaches of the Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. Interestingly the town takes its name from the Calafate berry, and locals claim that if you eat one of these and make a wish, you are guaranteed to return to Patagonia.
Day 2 - Perito Moreno Glacier / El Calafate You are picked up from your hotel between 9:30 and 10am and head out for a full day tour to the Perito Moreno glacier. You have the option of taking a catamaran trip for unique views of the Perito Moreno glacier from Lago Argentino. You also have the option to take a 2 hour ice walking excursion (this activity may not be available from April to September). Your last stop is at the visitor centre which features well set up walk ways that allow views of the front and surface of the glacier. It is a good idea to bring your own snacks and hot drink (thermos with tea), then pick your favourite spot and wait for chunks of the cracking glacier to crash from the 60 meter ice wall into the water. Needless to say, it will be cold! Please ensure you take plenty of warm clothes for this trip - particularly in the winter months. Return back to your hotel in El Calafate.
Day 3 - El Calafate There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..