Chiang Mai & Elephant Experience
From 10/12/2023 to 29/12/2024
Meet elephants in a responsible environment when you hang out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill reserve, watching them eat, relax and socialise.
Enjoy a live lecture from local guides to learn more about the elephants, the reserve’s sustainable tourism practices and conservation efforts in the area.
See a different side of Chiang Mai, with authentic experiences and nitty gritty details all worked out for you.
Head to a cooking class with a local cook, who will teach you how to collect the best produce from the local market, then show you how to cook some of the most delicious Thai cuisine, which you'll enjoy together for dinner.
Soak up this vibrant city with loads of free time and the flexibility to choose your own adventures, like wandering the street food markets in search of the yummiest local dishes.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, EcoThailand Foundation.
Donations help educate school children on important environmental issues like climate change, nature appreciation, conservation and sustainability.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 2.
Hotel (2 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Chiang Mai - ChangChill Elephant Sanctuary day trip.
Chiang Mai - ChangChill Elephant.
Chiang Mai- Cooking Class.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Chiang Mai Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Thailand. The most vibrant city in northern Thailand, Chiang Mai has many famous temples and an interesting old city area. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 7 pm with your local guide. If you arrive early, head out to explore charming Chiang Mai. The friendliness of the people, the interesting old town bound by moats, and the many fascinating temples enthrall travellers from around the world. After the welcome meeting, you 'l have free time tonight. Make sure to sample some delicious traditional northern Thai food in the vibrant night markets - the signature dish is kao soy, yellow wheat noodles in a curry broth, traditionally served with chicken or beef.
2 - ChangChill - Chiang Mai Today is set to be one to remember as you visit the ChangChill elephant reserve - a truly special experience. Drive out to the reserve and learn how this organisation supports the protection, conservation and lifestyle of free roaming elephants in the region. You'll observe the daily patterns of these jungle giants from a safe distance, seeing how they graze and socialise with their other friends. The expert local guides will give you a live lecture on the elephants as well as the reserve's sustainable tourism practices and conservation efforts in the area. Enjoy some refreshments near the elephant's mud pit, then be treated to lunch in a riverside sala (pavilion) alongside your giant friends, who will be enjoying a meal too. Return to Chiang Mai for an evening at leisure.
3 - Chiang Mai This morning you'll be treated to a Thai cooking class. If you're a foodie, then you'll love this one! First, explore the local market with a local guide who will teach you how to select the best produce and where to find the key ingredients for your dishes. Then, head to your class and learn how to use them (and what to use in their place if you can't get them at home), picking up some well kept secrets on making delicious Thai cuisine. As well as taking your own comprehensive recipe book home with you after the class, you'll of course feast on the fruits of your labour for dinner. after, your trip comes to an end. There is no accommodation included tonight. If you'd like to stay in Chiang Mai and explore the city further, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans