Cape Town Experience - Independent
From 01/07/2021 to 04/01/2023
Witness some of the most breath-taking scenery on the continent, from imposing Table Mountain to the rugged world’s end of the Cape Peninsula.
Retrace 350 years of Cape Town’s dramatic history on a three-hour walking tour with a specialist local guide.
Discover why Cape Town is one of South Africa's culinary hot-spots, sampling its fine restaurants, wines and cheeses.
Enjoy a full-day trip down the spectacular coastline of Cape Point National Park and a tranquil escape to the Winelands.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Comfortable hotel (4 nights).
On foot,Private vehicle.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Cape Town - Afternoon Cape Peninsula Tour.
Cape Town - Morning Historic Walking Tour.
Franschoek Winelands Tour.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cape Town On arrival in Cape Town, you’ll be met by a Peregrine representative at the airport and transferred to you hotel (approximately 1 hour). Your hotel is perfectly located between Signal Hill and the majestic Table Mountain in the Cape Town suburb of Tamboerskloof. After you settle in, the rest of the day is free for you to explore your surroundings. Walk the laid-back streets of Tamboerskloof, with its Victorian style homes and great access to the nightlife found on the nearby Long and Kloof streets.
Day 2 - Cape Town - Walking Tour & Cape Point Peninsula Today you’ll retrace 350 years of Cape Town’s dramatic history on a three-hour morning walking tour. Specially trained local guides will bring the challenges facing the early Dutch settlers to life, as well as the dark times of slavery, colonial life in The Cape, the tragedy of apartheid, and then the joy and triumph of the new ''Rainbow Nation''. Your tour will take in historical sights such as the Castle of Good Hope, Grand Parade, and significant historic slavery sites such as the Slave Lodge and Slave Tree. At the Parliament Buildings and District Six Museum, you’ll learn about apartheid and get a valuable insight into the effects of racism and discrimination on the lives of ordinary South Africans. In Government Avenue near St. George’s Cathedral, Footsteps to Freedom tour guides will tell you about Cape Town’s three Nobel Peace Prize-winners; Desmond Tutu, Nelson Mandela and FW De Klerk. You’ll visit the building where the apartheid laws were passed and where they were later repealed after De Klerk’s dramatic speech at the opening of Parliament in February 1990. In Greenmarket Square and St. George’s Mall, you can’t help but feel the energy and pulse of the new South Africa. This afternoon travel down the spectacular coastline to Cape Point. On the way some of the highlights including Clifton Beach view, Camps Bay, Cape of Good Hope and Boulders Beach Penguin Colony.
Day 3 - Cape Town - Winelands Today enjoy a tranquil escape to the Winelands on a full day tour. We make our way to the Stellenbosch area for a cellar door tour and wine tasting to gain an appreciation for the wines of the area. Afterwards head into the town for a city tour through its leafy cobbled lanes and elegant mix of 18th century architecture. Next stop is Franschhoek and another estate for a lunch stop and perhaps a wine while enjoying the stunning views over the Franschhoek Valley. Alternatively the French like village street cafes are also recommended. After lunch head to Paarl via a prison that held Nelson Mandela captive for the final 13 months of his imprisonment and learn about his life. Once in Paarl visit the final wine estate for a cheese and wine pairing before heading back to Cape Town for the night.
Day 4 - Cape Town Today is free for you to discover more of the many things that Cape Town has to offer. The city is a nature lover’s playground with beaches to surf, picnic and sunbathe at, and the peninsula-dominating Table Mountain to explore. You can hike up various routes or take the cable car to the top for fantastic views, while there’s also mountain biking on this iconic peak for those looking to get really active. For the history buffs, take a trip out to Robben Island, stand in Nelson Mandela’s old cell and learn about the political and social injustices of apartheid. From somewhere with a long and sad history, the island has now become a symbol of the triumph of the human spirit. Cape Town is also home to some of the best markets in the country – the food markets at the V&A Waterfront, The Old Biscuit Mill, and Oranjezicht City Farm Market are a feast for the eyes, and range from trendy designer food to laid-back, organic community veggies. Perhaps end your final night with a celebratory dinner in one of Cape Town’s many fantastic resturants.
Day 5 - Cape Town Today your Cape Town experience comes to an end, and you’ll be collected from your hotel by our local operator and transferred to Cape Town Airport (approximately 1 hours) for your onward flight. Additional accommodation can be booked if you’d like to extend your time here.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans