Chobe Experience - Independent
From 01/10/2020 to 02/01/2022
Witness great herds of the world's largest elephants close-up as they enjoy a drink and play on the edge of the Chobe River.
Stay in a lodge in a prime position overlooking the Chobe River, and escape the afternoon heat with a relaxing swim in the pool.
Embark on game drives with the experience and expertise of a local lodge-based guide.
Great numbers of ungulate animals are attracted by the riverfont in Chobe National Park – experience the large lion prides that follow in their wake.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Safari lodge (2 nights).
Open 4WD vehicles,Private vehicle.
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Chobe National Park - Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive.
Chobe National Park - River Safari Cruise.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Victoria Falls - Chobe National Park This Independent Experience begins at Victoria Falls airport, where on arrival you’ll be met by a Peregrine representative and transferred to Kasane, just on the outskirts of Chobe National Park. Please ensure your flight arrives no later than 1 pm. You’ll travel west along the Zambezi Valley road to Kazangula, where you will complete border formalities and cross into Botswana. Please bring your passport and sufficient US dollars to purchase a new Zimbabwe visa, if necessary, when returning. From there, it’s just a short drive to Chobe Safari Lodge, which is located on the bank of the Chobe River just outside of the National Park (total driving time approximately 2-3 hours). After settling in and enjoying lunch, there will be time to relax until mid-afternoon when you’ll take a game drive in the park. You’ll almost certainly see elephants drinking at the waters' edge, and keep your eyes open for the park’s large herds of buffalo too. You will return to the lodge for dinner just after dusk. Accommodation at Chobe Safari Lodge is usually in rondavels – comfortable individual circular thatched units with private facilities and balconies. The lodge bar is a great place to enjoy a drink at the end of the day and dinner is often served outside with a smorgasbord of options. The lodge pool is also the perfect place to wash off the heat off the day or safari dust.
Day 2 - Chobe National Park Today is a full day of wildlife exploration. You’ll begin with a morning game drive to see the animals at their most active, followed by some time back at the lodge for relaxation during the hottest part of the day. Then, in the late afternoon, you’ll take a boat trip out on the Chobe River. Chobe National Park is archetypal big-game county, where huge herds of buffalo and elephants are matched by the size of the lion prides. An estimated 70,000 Kalahari elephants roam the park and are the largest known subspecies of elephant in the world by size. You may also see zebra, impala, wildebeest and giraffe. The bird life on the river can be truly spectacular with sightings of saddle-billed storks, malachite kingfishers, fish eagles, goliath herons and beautiful bee-eaters. Elephants will often congregate to drink and play in the river, and there are good hippopotamus numbers too. You might even spot a crocodile on the riverbanks – although they are surprisingly shy. Tonight return to the lodge for your final evening and perhaps enjoy a drink as you look out over the waters of the Chobe River. Notes: A visit to Chobe National Park itself is not a complete wilderness experience – you're sure to see other people, boats and vehicles inside the park. But the beauty of Chobe is that you’re also bound to see wildlife that’s equal to anything anywhere in Africa. Your game drive and boat tour within Chobe National Park will be shared activities. You will be accompanied by other guests of the lodge.
Day 3 - Chobe National Park - Victoria Falls This morning you’ll enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the lodge before being collected at 8am for a transfer back to either Victoria Falls township or Victoria Falls Airport, where your tour will end on arrival at around 10am (approximately 2-3 hours driving). Additional accommodation and transfers can be pre-booked (at additional costs) if you would like to extend your stay in Victoria Falls. Notes: Please do not book a flight departing from Victoria Falls before 12pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..