Victoria Falls Experience: Independent
From 01/10/2020 to 03/01/2022
Experience the power and majesty of ‘The Smoke That Thunders’ with a guided tour of the falls and a sunset boat cruise along the Zambezi.
Enjoy a sumptuous African feast and a live performance in the atmospheric surrounds of a Boma restaurant.
Discover why Victoria Falls is known as a centre of adventure, with fantastic optional activities on land, water, and up in the sky.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 1.
Safari lodge (3 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Victoria Falls - Boma Dinner.
Victoria Falls - Premium Zambezi River Cruise.
Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls tour Zimbabwe Side.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Victoria Falls This Independent Experience begins at Victoria Falls Airport, where you will be met by a Peregrine representative and transferred to your lodge (approximately 45 minutes). The afternoon will be free to spend at your leisure. Take a stroll around town and book with local tour operators any optional activities that you’d like to do while you’re here. Then, what better way to kick off your African adventure than with a superb feast. Tonight you'll enjoy an incredible dinner at the Boma Restaurant. A Boma was historically an enclosure constructed from closely-knit sticks used to keep in animals or fortify a village. The Boma creates an atmospheric setting for a dinner, lit by torches and surrounded by bush. The mouth-watering main course is a buffet of local meats, which may include warthog, buffalo, crocodile, impala and more. Throughout the meal you'll be entertained with local song and dance, with everyone given an African drum and encouraged to join the party. Notes: If you do not wish to join in with the drumming you can choose an earlier session for dinner. There will also be no guide with you for dinner tonight. The Boma Restaurant is located on the same grounds as the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, and you can either take the free shuttle bus that will drop you off at the front of the restaurant, or walk over. The walk will take you less than 10 minutes.
Day 2 - Victoria Falls This morning you’ll feel the power of Victoria Falls and watch rainbows form in the delicate mists that drift hundreds of metres high over this seemingly endless cascade. You’ll take a guided tour of this magnificent site, with your guide collecting you from the hotel lobby and transferring you to the Victoria Falls National Park gate (approximately 15 minutes). Once inside the park, your guide will take you through the falls area, stopping at vantage points along the way to tell you about the history of the falls and its surroundings: hundreds of miles away in northern Zambia a little spring wanders along the earth, eventually ending in over 1 million gallons of water torrenting down a 328-foot high drop a mile wide. Later in the afternoon, it's back to the Zambezi River for a 2-hour river cruise. The specially designed jet-propelled boats allow you to reach the shallow water among the islands directly above the Victoria Falls. Enjoy included drinks and snacks while meandering between the islands and getting a glimpse of the mist after it has rumbled over the edge of the falls. Keep an eye out for crocodiles bathing in sunshine on the banks, or even elephants submerging themselves in the river.
Day 3 - Victoria Falls Today your time in Victoria Falls will be free to spend at your leisure, and you can discover why the area is so deserving of its reputation as a centre of adventure. On the water you can canoe and kayak along the upper Zambezi and seek out wildlife along the river banks, or white water raft on the river below the falls with some of the best rapids in the world. On land you can take morning and afternoon game drives or walks in the Zambezi National Park, home to some of Africa’s most iconic animals. For something a little more hair-raising there are rope-based activities around the gorge, or a canopy tour that provides spectacular views of the rapids, spray and Victoria Falls Bridge. If you want an even more incredible view, then maybe take a jaw-dropping helicopter flight over the falls and the Zambezi Gorges. Alternatively, a great range of curio and craft shops provide a pleasant distraction for those seeking a less vigorous kind of day. This evening perhaps enjoy your final night in Vic Falls with a drink overlooking the waterhole at the lodge.
Day 4 - Victoria Falls This morning you’ll have the opportunity to sleep in, relax at the lodge, or take another optional excursion. Afterwards, your transfer driver will collect you from the lodge for transfer you to the airport (approximately 45 minutes) in time for your flight. Additional accommodation can be booked if you’d like to extend your time in Victoria Falls.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..