Okavango Delta Experience - Independent
From 01/07/2021 to 02/01/2023
See the savanna from the air on a flight over the animal-filled Okavango Delta to Gunn’s Camp, which offers the chance to stay in the true heart of the African wilderness.
Gunn’s Camp is a place where comfort and nature combine – a vintage safari camp with standalone baths and private outdoor showers in deluxe Meru tents, which sit on platforms overlooking floodplains and animals below.
Take a traditional mokoro canoe ride out to an isolated camping spot and then swap stories around the campfire.
Toast the African sunset while drifting in a mokoro on a lagoon in the middle of the Okavango Delta.
With a personal local guide, explore this verdant delta on foot – a unique natural phenomenon that acts as an oasis of iconic African wildlife.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Lodge (3 nts).
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Okavango Delta - Bush Walks with Local Guide.
Okavango Delta - Mokoro Excursion.
Okavango Delta - Motor-boat Sunset Cruise.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Okavango Delta This Independent Experience begins at the airport in the semi-rural frontier town of Maun. Please make your way to the Moremi Air Office where a representative will meet you and provide you with your flight itinerary. From here take a light aircraft to your home for the next three nights – Gunn’s Camp in the Okavango Delta. The camp is only accessible by plane, adding to the feeling of truly being in the middle of nowhere in the African wilderness. Enjoy the thrill of flying over the African plains and Okavango Delta while animals cavort below. Gunn's Camp is one of the last few remaining luxury, vintage safari camps in the area. It blends naturally with its surroundings, with tents discretely set within the densely treed island, ensuring privacy and tranquillity. It’s a place where comfort and nature mix, with each tent traditionally furnished with an eclectic mixture of solid wood and African furniture, and featuring a lounge area as well as a private veranda, all set on platforms overlooking the delta floodplains and animals below. Notes: The camp has six fully furnished, deluxe Meru tents with en-suite bathrooms featuring standalone baths and outside private showers. The accommodation area is connected to the main camp via raised wooden walkway crossing the wetlands and is magically lit at night by a series of fairylike lanterns. You have access to the elevated bar, lounge and dining room, campfire boma and swimming pool.
Day 2 - Okavango Delta Today there is a range of activities to choose from to explore the Okavango Delta. The delta has the shape of a hand – a palm permanently filled with water, and the fingers flooded seasonally, creating a blue-green wilderness of fresh water. This area is an incredible source of life in a country that is 80 per cent arid. Perhaps take a mokoro excursion, which allows you to experience fascinating river life as you slip between the papyrus-clad banks of the Okavango Delta on these traditional canoes. Propelled from the stern by skilled ‘poler’ guides, these trips allow you to sit back and absorb the scenery. You could also spot wildlife in Moremi Game reserve or explore the islands of the Okavango Delta on foot under the guidance of an experienced guide. For full day trips, Gunn’s Camp can prepare delicious picnic lunches, which can be enjoyed on a Delta island after an exhilarating bush walk. Enjoy watching wildlife from your luxurious camp tonight.
Day 3 - Okavango Delta Spend another day enjoying game activities like spotting elephants, lions, giraffes, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals, impalas and hundreds of birds. Perhaps after a game safari you might choose to take a motorboat to explore the crystal clear channels of the Boro River. This trip is organised in time to toast the African sunset while drifting on a lagoon in the middle of the Okavango Delta. Another option today is for Gunn’s Camp to pack your mokoro with camping gear, and for you to set off with your guide and spend an evening cooking dinner around the campfire and camping under the stars. Notes: Please note the overnight camping activity needs to be pre-booked in advance.
Day 4 - Maun Today you will fly back over the delta to Maun Airport where this trip finishes on arrival. Notes: If you wish to extend your stay in Maun please speak to your booking agent about booking additional accommodation. Alternatively why not consider some of our other Independent Experiences such as Cape Town, Chobe National Park or Hwange National Park and explore more of this beautiful continent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans