United Arab Emirates
From 18/01/2020 to 30/12/2020
Discover the Dubai of the past with a visit to the city’s oldest building – the 18th-century Al Fahidi Fort – and the museum inside it.
Inhale the incredible aromas of hundreds of spices and wonder at the world’s largest ring as you explore the souks of Dubai with a local guide.
Although vast swathes of Dubai are now transformed with contemporary architecture into a modern and luxurious city, traces of the historic town that existed 40 years ago can still be found.
Travel across Dubai Creek in a traditional abra, a traditional wooden water taxi that many locals still use to get around, while jets soar overhead.
This three-day short break is perfect for a sightly longer than usual layover or as an add on to a longer trip through the Middle East.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 6.
Dubai - Complimentary Arrival Transfer.
Dubai - City Tour (Half Day).
Dubai - Complimentary Departure Transfer.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Dubai Ahlan Wa Sahlan! Welcome to the United Arab Emirates. The largest city in the UAE is well known for its plethora of wealth and opulence (a vending machine for gold, anyone?), but it’s less known for its history and culture. On arrival into Dubai Airport, please clear customs and collect your luggage before locating your private transfer representative and travelling to your hotel. Why not consider a visit to the observation deck of one of the world’s greatest architectural wonders, the Burj Khalifa, located right in the heart of Downtown Dubai. You can jump on the metro to the Dubai Mall to check it out. Don't forget to reserve your tickets, you can ask the hotel to organise this with our local team.
Day 2 - Dubai Explore Dubai with a half-day tour of the city, beginning around 8.30 am at your hotel. This tour is a real local experience that ditches the bus in favour of exploring on foot and via the metro. This tour takes you into mazes of wind-towered buildings, through narrow lanes in the lively spice and gold souks and on a scenic ride on a traditional abra (wooden boat). Visit the heritage area of Bastakiya and 225-year-old Fort Al Fahidi and sip classic Arabic coffee at the Coffee Museum. In the afternoon you can choose whether to take an optional desert safari into the golden sand dunes of Arabia.
Day 3 - Dubai There are no activities planned for the final day and this trip finishes after breakfast. If you wish to extend you stay in Dubai please speak to your booking agent about additional post tour accommodation.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..