From 01/10/2020 to 12/06/2021
Get acquainted with the capital of Namibia in Windhoek.
Stand atop the huge ‘Big Daddy’ sand dune after a desert hike.
Relax in your accommodation on the edge of the desert in Sesriem or Solitaire.
Visit the renowned Dead vlei and Sossusvlei ancient lakebeds in the middle of the desert with scattered skeleton camel thorn trees dating back over 1,000 years.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Lodge (2 nights).
Minivan or car.
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Sossusvlei - Dunes Visit.
Sossusvlei - Dead Vlei.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Windhoek-Sesriem This Shortbreak adventure begins at 8am today. You will be collected from The Roof of Africa Hotel by your driver/guide and head towards the Namib Desert region. The drive today is approximately 300km and we should arrive at accommodation early this afternoon. The Namib Desert region is famous for its vase dune fields, the most spectacular of which are found near Sesriem Canyon. The canyon was formed when the Tsauchab River carved a gorge 30 m deep into the gravel deposits, about 15 million years ago. It is thought that this river once flowed to the Atlantic Ocean but its course was blocked by the encroaching sand dunes. Now the river flows out to the dune fields that stretch for hundreds of miles up the coast, and dries up in a clay pan at Sossusvlei. The dunes are stunning, with magnificent red/orange tones from the brightly coloured sands. They are in fact the highest in the world and are home to a plethora of animal life. The sight of the graceful oryx wandering along the base of these massive dunes is beautiful to see. Our accommodation for the next 2 nights is a unique but comfortable guest farm located between Sesriem and Solitiare. Lodge rooms have ensuite facilities and the property has a pool, restaurant and bar.
Day 2 - Sesriem The most famous part of the Namib Desert is its vast dune fields, the most spectacular of which are found near the Sesriem Canyon. This canyon was formed when the Tsauchab River carved a gorge 30 metres into the gravel deposits about 15 million years ago. It's thought that this river once flowed to the Atlantic Ocean but its course was blocked by the encroaching sand dunes. Now the river flows out to the dune fields that stretch for hundreds of miles up the coast, and dries up in a clay pan at Sossusvlei. The dunes are stunning, with magnificent red/orange tones from the brightly coloured sands. They are the highest in the world and home to a plethora of animal life. Venture into the heart of the Namib where there's an opportunity to explore the dunes on foot, enjoying a fascinating desert walk around the scenic sandy desert surroundings. Also visit the renowned Dead vlei and Sossusvlei ancient lakebeds in the middle of the desert with scattered skeleton camel thorn trees dating back over 1,000 years. We then return to our Lodge for the night.
Day 3 - Sesriem-Windhoek The old German colonial town of Windhoek has been blended into a modern city. The German architecture of the older buildings lends the town a historic atmosphere. Good examples of this German architecture can be seen in a number of buildings but the best are the Tintenpalast (Ink Palace), the Christuskirche (church), the gymnasium and the Genossenschaftshaus. No accommodation is provided for tonight, but we are able to book you additional accommodation in Windhoek. Please ask at time of booking. For those of you staying on, there's plenty to see and do in and around Windhoek. Take a stroll around the town and visit some of its museums or perhaps take a township tour. Today we make our way back to Windhoek where you will be dropped back at The Roof of Africa Hotel this afternoon. Please do not book any flights departing before 4pm this afternoon,
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..