Great Ocean Road Adventure ex Melbourne
From 06/09/2020 to 02/04/2021
Travel along Australia’s most acclaimed stretch of coastline with a scenic drive on the Great Ocean Road.
This is one trip you definitely want to call shotgun on a window seat.
Battered by the mighty Bass Strait, spend some time checking out the eroded natural wonders of the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge in the Port Campbell National Park.
Take a one-night pitstop in Halls Gap to discover the rugged beauty of the Grampians National Park.
Go hiking up to the Pinnacles lookout, and marvel at the stunning McKenzie Falls.
Gain an insight into the diverse First Nations cultures in Australia with a visit to the Brambuk Cultural Centre, learning of the ancient stories of the Dreaming.
Your expert local leaders are in the know when it comes to : 2.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Dormitory (2 nts).
Age: min 18.
Group Size: 4 - 24.
12 Apostles & London Bridge.
Koala spotting - Great Ocean Road.
Melba Gully Walk - Otway Ranges.
Swim at Lorne (Summer months).
Loch Ard Gorge.
Brambuk Culture Centre.
Mackenzie Falls - Grampians.
Pinnacles Walk - Grampians.
Reeds Lookout (The Balconies) & Boroka Lookout.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - The Great Ocean Road Let’s get road tripping! Departing Melbourne, hit the road west to Geelong and the chilled-out surf town of Torquay. From there, begin the journey along one of Australia’s most beautiful and famous drives – the Great Ocean Road. This coast road at points is the only barrier between the lush forests of Victoria’s southwest and the cliffs down to the Bass Strait. Along the way, experience a guided walk through an ancient and rare temperate rainforest in the Otways, checking out the enormous trees that are native to the area. Stop for some koala spotting in Kennett River, then break for lunch in seaside Apollo Bay. In the afternoon, continue on to the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge – these rocky landscapes braving the southern oceans are a sight to behold. Continue on your drive for another hour or so, spending the night in Warrnambool.
Day 2 - The Grampians Begin the day checking out more of the Great Ocean Road's natural wonder on the Warrnambool foreshore, then take a drive into the Grampians National Park – an area full of rugged rock landscapes, scenic lookouts and rich in First Nations culture. During the day, you’ll visit the Brambuk Aboriginal Culture Centre to learn about an important period of this ancient culture known as the Dreaming, then hike up to the Pinnacles for impressive views across the Grampians. Keep an eye out for any native flora or wildlife that may pass you by as you walk. Tonight, head to Halls Gap for the evening, enjoying a traditional Aussie-style barbecue with your small group.
Day 3 - The Grampians to Adelaide This morning, hike to the base of McKenzie Falls – the highest and arguably most impressive waterfalls in the Grampians – and check out other sites such as The Balconies and Reeds Lookout. Leaving the Grampians, pass through the town of Horsham and the enchanting Loch Lel – also known as the Pink Lake – before crossing the mighty Murray River and making your last leg of the journey into Adelaide. Most of the afternoon is taken up by the drive, but you’ll arrive in Adelaide around 7.30 pm, in time for an optional celebratory dinner with your group. There is no accommodation planned for tonight, but if you would like to spend more time in Adelaide, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..