Kangaroo Island Adventure
From 01/08/2020 to 01/04/2021
Visit the Seal Bay Conservation to see rare sea lions up close, and head to a local wildlife park to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies, some that have been recently rescued from bushfires.
Kangaroo Island is known for its pristine stretches of sand, and you’ll soon know why.
Take in the impressive coastal views from Remarkable Rock, check out Vivonne Bay and stroll down Hog Bay Beach.
To get the heart racing, give sand boarding a crack down the white sand dunes of Little Sahara and climb to the island’s highest point – Prospect Hill – for some seriously panoramic views.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Lodge (1 nt).
Age: min 18.
Group Size: 4 - 24.
Rob's shearing and sheepdogs.
Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery.
Seal Bay Conservation Park.
Sandboarding at Little Sahara.
Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary.
Flinders Chase National Park.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Adelaide – Kangaroo Island Set off early from the Adelaide Central Bus Station along the picture-perfect Fleurieu Peninsula to Cape Jervis. Your bus departs at 6.45 am. Once arrived at Cape Jervis, take a 45-minute ferry to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island – on your way, it's not uncommon to spot dolphins from the deck! Once you're off the boat, stop in at Rob's Shearing and Sheepdogs to check out how sheep are shorn, and then head to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery – the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia. Continue to the Seal Bay Conservation Park, where you'll have the opportunity to see rare sea lions up close in a wild breeding colony. Then, visit the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara, where you’ll be able to give sand boarding a whirl! After a jam-packed day, return to Penneshaw for the night. You'll have plenty of free time to swim or stroll along Hog Bay Beach, walk through native bushland along the Kangaroo Island Sculpture Trail, visit the penguin centre or grab a drink at the hotel. Enjoy an included dinner at a local pizzeria with your group.
Day 2 - Kangaroo Island – Adelaide After breakfast, head to the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park where you’ll have the opportunity to see kangaroos and wallabies up close. Many of the animals here are in the park's care after being rescued from the bushfires. Afterwards, visit Raptor Domain for in-flight display of Australian Birds of Prey. The interactive experience will demonstrate the natural skills, adaptions and hunting techniques of wedge-tailed eagles, kookaburras, sea eagles and Australian kestrels. Take a stroll through the Emu Bay Lavender farm and enjoy lunch overlooking the terraced fields. You might even like to pick up some essential oils and scented candles at the onsite gift shop! Onwards to Prospect Hill – the highest point on Kangaroo Island – where, depending on the conditions, you'll get epic views all the way to the Adelaide Hills and south coast. Continue back to Penneshaw, and after your own dinner, jump back on the ferry and transfer to a coach as you make your way back to Adelaide, arriving late at night.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..