Dampier Peninsula & the Kimberley Coast
From 03/05/2024 to 21/09/2024
Explore the natural wonders and First Nations histories along Western Australia’s Dampier Peninsula on a guided 4WD adventure.
Visit a working pearl farm to learn of the long history of this trade, and experience some of the world’s most fierce tropical tides on an included cruise around the Buccaneer Archipelago.
Spend the night in a comfortable safari-style camp with included meals prepared for your small group after days exploring the red earth of the western Kimberley.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Safari Tent (with private ensuite) (1night).
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 4 - 20.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Broome The Dampier Peninsula is an extraordinary blend of pristine beaches and dramatic coastlines, rich in traditional Aboriginal culture. Travelling north, learn about the region's fascinating history from our guided commentary. Our first stop is the Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community, home of the Beagle Bay Church with its glimmering pearl shell altar, for morning tea. Next, we visit the garden community of Lombadina, home to an old bush church, a local craft shop and a delightful community bakery - enjoy their fresh wood-fired bread for our picnic lunch. Across the peninsula we discover the remote Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm. In 1946 Dean Brown skippered a rickety wooden lugger into an unknown frontier to discover this hidden paradise: his descendants continue to operate what is now the oldest Pearl Farm in Australia. Embark on an extraordinary Sea Safari through the Islands of the Giant Tides to experience the remarkable tidal flows of King Sound.
2 - Dampier Peninsula This morning we gain an insight into this remote pearling industry on the Farm Tour, concluding with an in-depth pearl grading and appreciation session that will leave you feeling like a pearl expert. We then journey further north to the One Arm Point Aboriginal Community to tour a local aquaculture hatchery perched right on the tip of One Arm Point overlooking the impressive Buccaneer Archipelago. We also enjoy the company and cultural insight of local guide Wossy, as he shares stories of growing up in the remote Bardi Jawi community and a few bushtucker secrets. After a picnic lunch visit the Round Rock viewpoint to search the bay for dolphins and turtles, while a refreshing dip at nearby Jologo Beach is a great way to finish up. On the return journey to Broome, keep an eye out for wildlife, such as dingoes, wallabies and wild donkeys, before arriving at your accommodation at approximately 5.00pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans