Cape Leveque & the Kimberley Coast
From 29/04/2022 to 28/09/2023
Explore the natural wonders and First Nations histories along Western Australia’s Dampier Peninsula – all the way to Kooljaman at Cape Leveque – on a guided 4WD adventure.
Visit a working pearl farm to learn of the long history of this trade, and experience some of the world’s most fierce tropical tides on an included cruise around the Buccaneer Archipelago.
Spend the night in a comfortable safari-style camp with included meals prepared for your small group after days exploring the red earth of the western Kimberley.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (1 night).
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 6 - 20.
Dampier Peninsula - King Sound & Giant Tides Cruise.
Dampier Peninsula - Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community & Church Visit.
Dampier Peninsula - One Arm Point Aquaculture Hatchery Visit.
Dampier Peninsula - Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm Visit.
Dampier Peninsula - Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm Tour & Grading Session.
Dampier Peninsula - Cape Leveque.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Broome / Dampier Peninsula / Cygnet Bay Depart Broome in the early morning, travelling up the red 4WD track and learning about the region's fascinating history with a guided commentary. The Dampier Peninsula is an extraordinary blend of stunning coastline and First Nations cultures. Your first stop is morning tea at the Beagle Bay Community – home of the Beagle Bay Church and its glimmering pearl shell altar. By mid-morning, arrive at Ardyaloon, or One Arm Point, which is home of the Bardi-Jawi people – a local community living on the tip of the Dampier Peninsula. Visit the community’s aquaculture hatchery for barramundi, pearl and trochus shell. After a picnic lunch we head for the remote Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm. In 1946 Dean Brown skippered a rickety wooden lugger into an unknown frontier to discover this hidden paradise: his descendants continue to operate what is now the oldest Pearl Farm in Australia. Later embark on an extraordinary cruise through the Islands of the Giant Tides. This phenomenon is part of some of the world’s strongest tropical tides, creating standing waves and if you’re lucky, a waterfall in the ocean!
Day 2 - Dampier Peninsula / Cape Leveque / Broome This morning, return to the pearl farm to gain an insight into this remote pearling industry on the Farm Tour, concluding with an in-depth pearl grading and appreciation session that will leave you feeling like a pearl expert! From here, you'll soon reach Kooljaman at Cape Leveque, where you may like to swim on the Eastern Beach, take one of the lovely walks over the Cape itself or choose to wander along the Western Beach. This is where the famed red sandstone cliffs tower above the white sand providing some of the best images of this area. Driving back to Broome in the afternoon, keep an eye out for local wildlife. Arrive back in town at approximately 5pm, where your trip ends on arrival.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans