Harbin Ice Festival Express - 5 Days
4 breakfasts and 1 dinner.
2 nights 5 star hotel in Harbin, 1 nights 4 star hotel.
Flight: Beijing – Harbin.
1 overnight train: Harbin - Beijing (4-berth soft sleeper cabin).
Touring of the Juyongguan area of Great Wall of China and Harbin Ice Festival.
Escorted by an experienced English speaking Chinese Tour guide.
Beijing Capital Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer day 5.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private heated vehicles.
A very good holiday!.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Beijing 29 December. Welcome to China and the start of your holiday! Arrive Beijing Capital Airport and included transfer to our hotel. The remainder of the day offers free time for you to explore. Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven are all located within the vicinity of our hotel.
Day 2 - Juyongguan Pass This morning, we set off to see the UNESCO protected Great Wall of China at Juyongguan Pass. At one time perhaps nearly 9700 kms long, the wall was garrisoned by 1 million soldiers and featured over 1,000 fortified passes and 10,000 beacon towers. Juyongguan is one of the three great mountain passes of the Great Wall. Built during the Ming Dynasty the fortified structure stands as the first line of defence for protecting Beijing. Big battles were fought here against Jurchens and Mongols. Genghis Khan also led his army to the pass in 1213. Juyongguan Pass offers a different perspective of the wall than that of Badaling. Aside from far less tourists visiting the area, Juangguan is incredibly scenic and offers picture perfect views of the ruinous wall zigzagging into the distance.
After plenty of time to explore we return to Beijing, have time for a meal before flying to Harbin this evening.
Day 3 - Harbin Today, we hit Sun Island Park for the Harbin International Snow Sculpture Art Expo. The festival is open to visitors from 20 Dec, (though the official festival opening occurs on 05 Jan). This is a wonderful time to visit as sculptors will still be adding final touches to their masterpieces.
This afternoon is filled with thrills and spills as we make our way to the dreamlike theme park known as Harbin Snow and Ice World today. Imagine sliding down a huge ice luge resembling the Great Wall of China or climbing to the top of a replica of the Emperor’s Summer Palace in Beijing, complete with towers, guard house, moat and seven arched bridge. You could also sail away on Empress Dowager Cixi’s ice marble boat. The creations of Snow and Ice World are beyond imagination, enchanting, inspiring, otherworldly and often a little bizarre. What will be on offer this year is anyone's guess.
This evening we include dinner at hotpot restaurant before returning to our hotel to take a position our hotel bar to ring in the New Year. With plenty of lights, ice and ‘Maitai firewater', (the local alcoholic spirit) we welcome in the coming year.
Day 4 - Harbin Harbin - Beijing. Happy New Year! This morning offers free time before we visit Zhaolin Park to see the enchanting Ice Lantern Show, also known as the Ice Lantern Art Fair. The small and sometimes giant frozen displays (ice lanterns as they are known) change from year to year but often include both modern and ancient spectacles and supernatural creations. There is time to marvel at the magnificence of the beautifully illuminated ice sculptures, many incorporating Traditional Chinese lanterns and revel beneath the thousands of fairy lights adorning the park. This evening we bid farewell to Harbin boarding the express overnight sleeper train bound for Beijing.
Day 5 - Beijing 02 January. Arrival into Beijing we return to our holiday start hotel to enjoy a nice hot breakfast. You are welcome to leave your luggage at our hotel and head out head out to explore Beijing, returning prior to your included departure transfer to the airport arranged to coordinate with your international flight. Please ensure that flights departing Beijing are booked after 2pm, in case of delays. Post tour accommodation is also available if you require.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans