Highlights of Bhutan & Nepal - 15 Days
From 2020-02-01 to 2020-12-19
14 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners including dinner at a Nepali cultural evening.
5 nights 3-4 star hotels and 1 night camping near the banks of scenic Mo Chu River - in Bhutan, 8 nights 4 star hotels - in Nepal.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 & day 15 (only).
Guided sightseeing of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and the Punakha Valley, Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur and Pokhara.
Economy class flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu .
Traditional Bhutanese dinner at a farm house, giving you the opportunity to interact with a local family.
Chitwan National Park jeep safari in the buffer zone, jungle activities and park fees.
Rickshaw ride in Kathmandu.
Boating on Lake Phewa in Pokhara.
Escorted by a licensed English-speaking local tour guide.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Entrance fees for all included sightseeing in Bhutan.
All Bhutan government royalties and taxes.
Bhutan Visa fee and travel Permit (excludes visa admin fee of USD$20 pp, payable upon arrival).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Paro Upon arrival at Paro airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. Free time this afternoon.
Day 2 - Thimphu Visit Paro's National Museum, perched on a hilltop overlooking the city, and the impressive Rinphung Dzong, before driving to Thimphu for the Sunday Market.
Day 3 - Thimphu Guided sightseeing tour of Thimphu including visits to Memorial Chorten and the National Library.
Day 4 - Punakha Visit Chimi Lhakhang Temple - dedicated to Lama Drukpa Kunley (also known as the Divine Mad Monk). Tonight we stay in a premium camp by the Mo Chu River.
Day 5 - Punakha Enjoy a scenic hike through the Punakha Valley and visit Sangchen Dorji Lhendrup Nunnery, perched on a ridge with spectacular views of the Punakha and Wangdue valleys. Drive to Paro.
Day 6 - Paro Hike to the spectacular Taktshang Pelphung Monastery, often referred to as Tiger's Nest Monastery. This evening we enjoy a traditional Bhutanese dinner at a farm house.
Day 7 - Paro Transfer to the airport for your flight to Kathmandu where you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel. Please note: the flight to Kathmandu is not included in the cost of this tour.
Day 8 - Kathmandu Enjoy a guided tour of Kathmandu visiting Bodhnath stupa, the ancient city of Bhaktapur, Bhaktapur’s beautiful Durbar Square and a visit local family to see Ju Ju Dhau (yoghurt) being made and to try pottery making. Finally, we visit Patan - the old Newari city. This evening we watch a cultural Nepali dance performance.
Day 9-10 - Chitwan National Park Kathmandu – Chitwan. On day 9 we travel to Chitwan National Park, one of Asia’s finest game parks. On either day 9 or 10 we'll take a jeep safari and the remainder of our stay offers free time for you to choose from the various optional activities available.
Day 11 - Pokhara We travel on to scenic Pokhara, which consists of five mountains over 7200m and Machhapuchare Mountain at 7000m. There’s time to relax this afternoon and perhaps take a stroll around the lakeside market.
Day 12 - Boating on Lake Phewa Watch a beautiful sunrise at the hill top World Peace Pagoda, before a scenic 2 hour walk via Raniban forest back down to Lake Phewa where we enjoy a boat ride. Afternoon visit of a Tibetan refugee camp and a local school before heading to Matepani Monastery to watch the monk’s daily prayer.
Day 13 - R&R in Pokhara A free day for you to explore Pokhara and participate in optional activities such as paragliding, ultra-light flight, zip line, bungy jump, mountain biking, cycling, boating and horse riding, or if you prefer, simply relax down by the lake.
Day 14 - Kathmandu We fly back to Kathmandu and then explore more of the city taking in the beautiful Swayambhunath stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, a rickshaw ride from Hanuman Dhoka to Thamel, and tonight, an evening walk around Thamel Market.
Day 15 - Kathmandu Our tour comes to an end today with a transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..