the Thimphu Festival 2020 - 8 Days
7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners.
6 nights 3-4 star hotels and 1 night camping near the banks of scenic Mo Chu River.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 & day 8 (only).
Guided sightseeing of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and the Punakha Valley.
Traditional Bhutanese dinner at a farm house, giving you the opportunity to interact with a local family.
Escorted by a licensed English-speaking local tour guide.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Entrance fees to all included sightseeing.
All Bhutan government royalties and taxes.
Bhutan Visa fee and travel Permit (excludes visa admin fee of USD$20 pp, payable upon arrival).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Paro Wednesday 23 September 2020. We will be there to meet you upon your arrival and transfer you through to your hotel. Free time is offered to relax or explore independently.
Day 2 - Punakha Today we drive to beautiful Punakha Valley, where we take a hike, 1.5 - 2 hour hike up to Chimi Lhakhang Temple - dedicated to Lama Drukpa Kunley (also known as the Divine Mad Monk). We then explore Punakha Dzong, before travelling to our camp for the evening..
Day 3 - Punakha Today we hike (approximately 2 - 2.5 hours) to the Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten, a stunning temple with impressive views of the valley below. We then explore the villages of Talo and after a picnic lunch we visit the Sangchen Dorji Lhendrup Nunnery, and then drive to Thimphu.
Day 4 - Thimphu Tshechus are grand occasions where entire communities come together. The 3 day event marks the tenth day of the lunar calendar and honours the birthday of Guru Rimpoche Padmasambhava, an Indian Saint. Witness religious mask dances, receive blessings and socialise with the locals, that are dressed in their best for the festivities.
Day 5 - Thimphu Today's ightseeing highlights include the Memorial Chorten - a beautiful stupa, the world's biggest Buddha Dordenma statue and enjoy the views of Thimphu Valley. We'll also explore workshops to see a wide assortment of beautifully hand-woven textiles, paper, jewellery and artwork
Day 6 - Thimphu Today we'll see incredible views of three different types of Stupas – Bhutanese, Tibetan and Nepalese,the Tachogang Iron chain bridge, Lhakhang Templem, National Museum and Kichu Lhakhang - one of the oldest temples in the Kingdom.
Day 7 - Paro Visit to Taktshang Pelphung Monastery or Tiger’s Nest Monastery and enjoy a traditional Bhutanese dinner at a farm house.
Day 8 - Paro Wednesday 30 September 2020. Tour ends, departure transfer to Paro airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..