Portraits of Panama - Miami to Los Angeles
Day 1 - Miami People-watchers will enjoy South Beach's Ocean Drive, while architecture buffs will love the Art Deco District. If the beaches don't intrigue you, there are world-class museums and shopping venues too. In Miami, there really is something for everyone.
Day 2 - Cruising the Straits of Florida
Day 3 - George Town Swim and snorkel with shy and gentle stingrays, see the underwater world from a semi-submersible sub, send a postcard from "Hell," visit a turtle farm where green sea turtles are raised, or just relax on miles and miles of exquisite white sand beach.
Day 4 - Cruising the Caribbean Sea
Day 5 - Cartagena, Colombia Take a scenic drive through the residential area of Manga and admire the beautiful mansions. Explore the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas, a fort that was once the most important military structure built in Latin America. Enjoy a boat ride to the Islas del Rosario and continue to the island of San Martín de Pajarales to visit the aquarium. Board a beautiful Spanish galleon, a replica of a 17th century sailing ship, for a cruise of the inner bay of Cartagena.
Day 6 - Panama Canal Transit, Panama The Panama Canal is approximately 50 miles long and joins the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The waterway was cut through one of the narrowest portions of land joining North and South America and took over 400 years to complete. The canal was started by the French and finished by the United States. During the course of this construction over 30,000 people lost their lives. The first ship to transit the Panama Canal was in 1914 and today about fourteen thousand vessels do so each year.
Day 7 - Pacific Ocean Cruising
Day 8 - Puntarenas, Costa Rica Be awed by the spectacular rainforest canopy, whether you walk through it or ride an aerial tram. Discover breathtaking waterfalls, butterfly gardens and a cloud forest. Watch for curious monkeys and brilliantly colored birds. Ride horseback through a rare virgin tropical dry forest. Or enjoy a scenic drive to San Jose and see this charming city and its sights.
Day 9 - San Juan Begin in Old San Juan, a walled enclave of hundreds of restored 16th and 17th century Spanish colonial buildings. Notice the blue-tinged cobblestone streets; they were once ballast on Spanish ships. Elsewhere, tour the medieval Saint John the Baptist Cathedral, the Museum of Art, and Casa del Libro, a repository of priceless documents.
Day 10 - Puerto Quetzal Drive into the mountains to beautiful old Antigua, once the country's colonial capital, and discover its lovely bougainvillea-draped buildings and breathtaking views of emerald volcanoes. Travel to famed Lake Atitlan and step back in time as you encounter the indigenous people in all of their finery still living along the lakeshore. Or better yet, fly to Flores and experience the magnificent and enigmatic Mayan temples and palaces of the Tikal complex, surrounded by jungle.
Day 11 - Pacific Ocean Cruising
Day 12 - Acapulco Acapulco is a resort destination with extensive history, a beautiful natural setting, a wide variety of recreation opportunities and fabulous shopping. It's also known for its almost perfect weather – sunshine 360 days a year on average.
Day 13 - Pacific Ocean Cruising
Day 14 - Cabo San Lucas Revel in a scenic tour of this exotic desert landscape and enjoy fabulous views of the rugged coastline and an incredible cactus garden. Snorkel in a quiet cove or go in search of migrating gray whales. Or visit the neighboring port of San Jose del Cabo for a taste of old Mexico.
Day 15 - Pacific Ocean Cruising
Day 16 - Los Angeles, California Bask on the sun-kissed beaches of Malibu or shop along Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Ride a bike through Griffith Park and visit the observatory, just below the Hollywood sign. Visit the stunning Getty Museum and maybe take in a special concert at the Disney Concert Hall, designed by Frank Gehry.
Day 17 - Los Angeles, California Bask on the sun-kissed beaches of Malibu or shop along Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Ride a bike through Griffith Park and visit the observatory, just below the Hollywood sign. Visit the stunning Getty Museum and maybe take in a special concert at the Disney Concert Hall, designed by Frank Gehry.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..