Essential Egypt - 9 Days
From 2020-02-15 to 2020-12-26
7 nights 3 - 4 star hotels.
1 overnight train: Luxor - Cairo (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 9.
Tours of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor, Aswan, and Kom Ombo.
A felucca excursion to Elephantine Island.
Escorted by a fully-qualified Egyptian tour guide, with a Egyptology degree.
Transport and transfers in private, air-conditioned vehicles.
Average group size: 16 persons.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo Today your Egyptian adventure begins as you land in Cairo. There are no planned activities today so head out an explore the city at leisure.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Today we take in Egypt's most famous site - the iconic Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. We also explore the ancient necropolis of Saqqara and visit Khan el Khalili bazaar to shop for souvenirs.
Day 3 - Cairo This morning we'll discover the remarkable treasures of King Tutankhamun at the world-famous Egyptian Museum, which is home to a staggering array of Egyptian antiquities. This afternoon, we board our coach for the 9 hour drive south to Luxor. Upon arrival this evening we check into our hotel by the Nile River.
Day 4 - Luxor Today we explore Luxor's tomb-strewn West Bank. We visit the Valley of the Kings, see the Colossi of Memnon and take in the Temple of Hatshepsut. Our journey then continues south to Aswan.
Day 5 - Aswan Today you have the chance to visit the majestic temple of Abu Simbel on an optional excursion. Later, we enjoy a boat ride to Agilika Island, home to the pretty Temple of Philae.
Day 6 - Aswan Today we enjoy a relaxing sailing trip on the River Nile on board a traditional Egyptian felucca sailing boat. Sit back, relax and watch life along the riverbank as we sail to Elephantine Island. The rocks on Elephantine form the shape of an elephant's back and on the island you can opt to see the ancient Nilometer which measures the depth of the Nile and wander around the colourful Nubian Village. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 7 - Aswan Beginning our journey north back to Luxor, we stop at the striking Nile-side temple of Kom Ombo. Arriving back in Luxor, there's an optional night time tour of Luxor Temple.
Day 8 - Luxor Enjoy a morning tour of the gigantic Karnak Temple Complex. This afternoon you can opt a dip in the hotel pool and soak up the sunshine before later this evening boarding the overnight sleeper train bound for Cairo.
Day 9 - Cairo Arrive back into Cairo this morning and transfer to our start hotel, where our Egyptian adventure ends with an included departure transfer. Please book your flight to depart after 2pm today, or you could extend your stay with our post accommodation.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..