Essential Egypt - 9 Days
From 2020-06-11 to 2020-12-26
7 nights 3-4 star hotels.
1 overnight train from Luxor to Cairo (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 9.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor, Aswan, and Kom Ombo.
A felucca excursion to Elephantine Island.
Escorted by a fully-qualified Egyptian tour guide, with a Egyptology degree.
Transport and transfers in private, air-conditioned vehicles.
Average group size: 16 persons.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo Welcome to Cairo - your Egyptian adventure begins! There's nothing specific planned for you today. So you're free to explore Cairo!
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Today, we'll stand before ancient wonders. And we'll step back in time. You'll spend the morning exploring the legendary Giza Plateau: home of the Great Pyramids and the mighty Sphinx. Later, we'll move on to tomb-strewn Saqqara and visit the age-old Djoser step pyramid. There's also time to browse Cairo's bustling Khan el Khalili bazaar.
Day 3 - Cairo Cairo - Luxor. Your morning will be spent in the Egyptian Museum. Here, you'll discover the treasures and antiquities of this great civilisation - and the prized jewels of King Tutankhamun himself. The rest of the day will then be spent travelling by bus south to Luxor.
Day 4 - Luxor Luxor - Aswan. Today, we'll cross to the west bank of the Nile - home to the mighty Colossi of Memnon, the great Valley of the Kings, and the majestic Temple of Queen Hatshepsut. Here, you'll get a true taste of ancient Egyptian extravagance and luxury. This afternoon, we'll continue south - all the way to Aswan.
Day 5 - Aswan Today you have the opportunity to visit the awe-inspiring temple of King Ramses II - Abu Simbel. One of the most breathtaking monuments in all of ancient Egypt. This tour is optional - but it isn't one to miss! This afternoon, we'll sail across to Agilika Island and the stunning Temple of Philae.
- Abu Simbel by Road
Day 6 - Aswan The best way to see the River Nile? By traditional felucca, of course! Sit back and enjoy the rolling view as we sail to Elephantine Island. Here, you'll see the Nubian side to the city of Luxor, a collection of archaeological gems, and an ancient Nilometer.
Day 7 - Aswan Aswan - Kom Ombo - Luxor. Bid farewell to Aswan; today we start the journey back up north to Luxor. Along the way, we'll stop at the striking Nile-side Kom Ombo; a distinct temple decorated in honour of two ancient gods. By evening, we'll arrive in Luxor. Just in time for an optional night tour of the Temple of Luxor!
- Luxor Temple by night
Day 8 - Luxor Luxor - Cairo. Today, we'll visit the ancient wonder of Karnak - its age-old temples, towering columns, and decadent chapels. With carvings and and monuments at every turn, Karnak captivates the spirit and culture of ancient Egypt. And it transports you there, too.
Tonight, you'll travel to Cairo on an overnight sleeper train.
Day 9 - Cairo Sunday. Today marks the end of our adventure. You'll be transferred to the airport in time for your flight. So make the most of your last moments in Egypt... for now, anyway! Flights departing Cairo should not be booked before 2pm.
- Transfer from your hotel to the airport
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..