One Week in Argentina and Brazil
From 18/03/2022 to 28/12/2023
Soak up the sophistication of Buenos Aires and explore the sights of its historic city centre.
Enjoy the differing experiences of the mighty Iguazu Falls from both Argentina and Brazil.
Rio de Janeiro offers the best combination of city, beach and mountains; famed for vibrant nightlife and rhythmic music.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel ( 6 nights).
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Buenos Aires - Leader-led orientation walk.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Brazilian side of the falls.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Argentinian side of the falls.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Bienvenidos. Welcome to Argentina. Your adventure begins with an orientation walk around Buenos Aires’ Microcentro district at 1 pm. Your leader will be waiting in the lobby of your joining point hotel. Pass by historic buildings along the Avenida de Mayo, including the Casa Rosada (Argentina's government house) and the Obelisk.. In the evening, attend a group welcome meeting at 6 pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. We'll be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader. If you're going to be late, please inform hotel reception. Head out tonight and be swept away by the dance of love at an optional tango show.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires Today is a free day in Buenos Aires. Join the tourists and walk among the mausoleums at the La Recoleta Cemetery, the final resting place of Eva Peron. There are also some great museums to check out in the Recoleta district. Visit the neighbourhood of La Boca, home to the colourful Caminito artists’ street and world-renowned soccer team, Boca Juniors. Perhaps take part in an Urban Adventure centred on the city’s love of food, such as the Malbec Trail of Palermo or the Gourmet Buenos Aires Food tour (contact us for more information). If you need to rest your feet, settle down at one of the many street side cafes to watch the world go by with the locals. In the evening you'll be taking an overnight bus (approx 19 hours) to Puerto Iguazu (Argentinian side of the falls).
Day 3 - Foz do Iguazu As soon as you arrive at Puerto Iguazu bus station this morning, take a minivan across the border into Brazil and continue onto your hotel in Foz do Iguacu. Depending on traffic, this should take about an hour. Close to the borders with Argentina and Paraguay, Foz do Iguacu is Brazil's gateway to the famous Iguazu Falls. Upon arrival, if hotel rooms are ready, you will be able to check in before heading out to explore the Brazilian side of the falls. Soon after take a short transfer to the falls. From here, panoramic views can be enjoyed. For unforgettable views, take an optional helicopter flight over the falls (at your own expense). Depending on time, you can also visit the local bird park while you’re here.
Day 4 - Foz do Iguacu Travel back into Argentina today to visit the falls. Following a series of boardwalks, it’s possible to get so enough to the thundering waters that you can almost touch them. At over 2 kilometres long, Iguazu Falls are actually a series of cataracts (not the kind your grandpa has). There are over 270 falls in total, with some reaching up to 80 metres in height. For a more exhilarating experience, take an optional Zodiac boat ride to the base of the falls and feel the water in your skin! In the afternoon return to Foz do Iguacu, where you’ll spend a second night.
Day 5 - Rio de Janeiro Today you'll take an included flight to Rio de Janeiro. Upon arrival your leader will take you on an orientation walk so you can get acquainted with this vibrant city.
Day 6 - Rio de Janeiro Today is a free day in Rio. People-watch on Copacabana or Ipanema beach, take a tour of the city, or if the time of year is right, check out a soccer game at the famous Maracana Stadium. You might like to take the tramcar up to the hillside neighbourhood of Santa Teresa or head up Corcovado Mountain, where you’ll find sweeping views over Rio from the foot of the Christ the Redeemer statue. Taking part in one of our Urban Adventure day tours, such as the Total Rio Tour, the Santa Teresa Discovery or the Corcovado and Christ the Redeemer Statue tour are also great ways to see this exciting city. As evening approaches, perhaps take the cable car up to Sugarloaf Mountain to watch the sunset before partying in the samba clubs of Lapa.
Day 7 - Rio de Janeiro Today your South American adventure comes to an end. There are no activities planned and you’re able to depart the accommodation at any time following check-out.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans