Hong Kong to Chengdu - 8 Days
From 2020-03-09 to 2021-11-03
7 nights hostel dorm accommodation.
All relevant transfers and transportation using public transport.
Train tickets: Shenzhen North – Guilin and Guilin - Chengdu.
Local guides for scheduled sightseeing in Yangshuo and Chengdu.
Unescorted travel between cities.
Local guide in Hong Kong for tour briefing.
Excursion along Yulong river on Chinese style Gondolas.
Entrance to Giant Panda Research and Breeding Centre.
Free Mandarin Lessons with your guides.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Hong Kong Welcome to China! Meet the group and tour leader early this morning for an excursion to Victoria Peak for incredible panoramic views and a ride on the 120-year-old funicular railway. This afternoon we board a bullet train to Guilin in mainland China with an onward transfer to Yangshuo. The rest of the evening is at leisure.
Day 2-4 - Yangshuo We start our day with a bike ride before cruising down the Yulong River on the famous bamboo rafts, soaking up the spectacular views. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Days 3 and 4 offer plenty of free time for optional activities including kayaking, rock climbing and a visit to underground mud-baths.
Day 5 - Chengdu After a leisurely morning we leave beautiful Yangshuo and our tour leader behind to board an afternoon train to Chengdu, the capital of the Sichuan province and home to the largest and best-known Panda breeding and research centre. On arrival we have the evening at leisure.
Day 6-7 - Chengdu This morning we visit the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding to come face-to-face with China's most iconic mammal. Watch as they eat their bamboo breakfast and visit the panda nursery for a glimpse of baby pandas at their cutest! The rest of the afternoon is free with an optional Sichuan opera performance later this evening. We have day 7 at leisure to explore Chengdu's highlights including the Tibetan quarter, or the opportunity to visit the Worlds largest stone Buddha in Leshan.
Day 8 - Chengdu Your final morning in Chengdu is at leisure to relax or buy any last-minute souvenirs.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..