Transoceanic from Savona
Day 1 - Savona, Italy Above the port of Savona, the Priamar Fortress greets every departure and arrival of the Costa ships sailing in the Mediterranean. Genoa and its aquarium are nearby. The port of Savona, which you can explore during your cruise in Italy, is one of the prettiest of the Italian Riviera. The lovely climate, summers that are never to hot, mild winters and the exceptional beauty of the sea near the town makes Savona an excellent base to set out to explore Liguria. Savona is notable for the Priamar Fortress, which has dominated the town since the 16th century, and also for its historic centre where you can visit Savona Cathedral. A stop in Savona can also be an opportunity to visit the nearby city of Genoa and its narrow, picturesque streets, known as “caruggi”.
Day 2 - Naples Naples is the heart of the Mediterranean. A unrivalled city where everything becomes a pleasant experience. The port of Naples is located right in the heart of the city and you can easily reach the city centre on foot. One of Italy’s symbolic cities: a cruise to Naples will immerse you in a universe of flavours and traditions that have developed during a history of almost 3,000 years. A shore excursion around Naples is like a visit to an open-air museum watched over by the majestic slopes of Vesuvius. The true soul of the city is Spaccanapoli in the ancient heart of the Decumani—the streets built in the Greco-Roman era—where you dodge mopeds as you stroll among the artisan workshops. It would be sacrilege to take a trip to Naples and not enter at least one of the over 500 churches in the old city. Take advantage of the break to visit Pompeii. You will be offered two shore excursions to immerse yourself in the heart of history and visit the ruins of this ancient Roman city. Then, let yourself be enchanted by the beauty of the landscapes between the Hill of Posillipo and Vesuvius. If you want to go shopping, take a trip to Spaccanapoli, the main artery of the city.
Day 3 - At sea
Day 4 - Dubrovnik, Croatia Facing the Adriatic Sea, the city is famous for its walls, built in stages from ancient times to the present, surrounding it, along with the port. Its splendid historical centre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, exudes charm at every corner: the pearl of the Adriatic, as Lord Byron called it. Dubrovnik is located in the south of Croatia, on the Dalmatian coast, and is protected from the bora and scirocco. This means that its climate is pleasant, even in the summer months. Its sea is among the cleanest and bluest in the world and, breathing deeply on the coast, you cannot help but feel the scent of pine trees, which surround the beaches and cool the hottest hours of the day. The beaches, amongst the most beautiful of the whole of Croatia, are uncrowded and perfect for romantic evenings by the sea.
Day 5 - Venice, Italy Home of poignant romance, Venice is the city of water par excellence, also known as La Serenissima. The port of Venice and the city itself looks out towards the Adriatic Sea. The city of the Doges is situated in the middle of a lagoon, has more canals than roads and boasts incredible beauty and a unique charm derived from centuries of history. The best way to see the city and to discover and admire the palaces and churches, is to travel along the canals in a gondola. This will take you to Piazza San Marco, the site of the Doge's Palace, a jewel of Venetian architecture. Alternatively, art lovers can explore the Pinault Foundation in the Palazzo Grassi, before continuing with the cruise in the Mediterranean.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..