Secrets of the Rockies and Glacier National Park with Calgary Stampede
From 30/06/2020 to 11/07/2020
12 breakfasts .
6 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Calgary Don your Stetson and buckle up those cowboy boots. You've arrived in Stampede country. Get settled into the ways of the Wild West before meeting your Travel Director and fellow explorers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Calgary - Fort MacLeod - Waterton Lakes National Park This morning, travel to the UNESCO-listed Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo Jump, where a Local Specialist explains how buffalo were driven off a cliff by buffalo runners centuries ago. Travel on to meet the majestic Rockies at the tranquil Waterton Lakes National Park. Beneath ice-capped peaks, indulge in a memorable dinner.
Day 3 - Waterton Lakes National Park - Glacier National Park The Big Skies of Montana beckon this morning as you cross the international border into Montana's UNESCO-listed Glacier National Park touted as the Crown of the Continent. Skirt the slopes and cross the Continental Divide over Logan Pass in a restored 1930s vintage touring "jammer" along the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Later, we pass the tranquil blue waters of St. Mary's Lake en route to Lake McDonald.
Day 4 - Glacier National Park - Banff (2 Nights) Continue through Glacier National Park heading back into Canada through the sheer red walls of Sinclair Canyon and scenic Kootenay National Park. The glacial peaks and turquoise waters of Banff National Park offer an ethereal backdrop as we stop to admire Athabasca Falls. Stepping out at Bow Summit, enjoy the views over glacier-fed Peyto Lake. Tonight our 'Stay with a Story' is the proud "Castle in the Rockies" located within Banff National Park.
Day 5 - Banff Sightseeing After a free morning, spend the afternoon exploring the rugged beauty of Banff, from its postcard viewpoint of Surprise Corner to Bow Falls.
Day 6 - Banff - Lake Louise This morning, travel to glacial Moraine Lake, one of the most photographed sites in all of Canada. Embark on a guided group stroll along its shoreline, as you ramble toward Rock Pile for inspiring views of the Valley of Ten Peaks. In the afternoon continue to Lake Louise and enjoy the lake's tranquil waters. You have the choice to either join your Travel Director for a walk along the Lakeshore Trail or take a piece of Lake Louise home with you-put paint brush to canvas and create your very own artistic masterpiece.
Day 7 - Lake Louise - Athabasca Glacier - Jasper (2 Nights) Blaze a trail through the heart of the Canadian Rockies-a journey through stunning wilderness, passing sparkling mountain lakes, tumbling glaciers and sweeping valleys en route to the Athabasca Glacier. Board a specially designed Ice Explorer, crunching over the white wonderland of the glacier's surface. Later, head to your home in the heart of Jasper National Park.
Day 8 - Jasper Sightseeing Embark on a leisurely walk admiring the sheer limestone cliffs of Maligne Canyon and learning about the underground river system that flows out to Medicine Lake. Surrounded by a ring of mountains, we cruise the waters of Maligne Lake to Spirit Island (seasonal), the heart and soul of Jasper National Park. Tonight's Regional Meal delights with views of the lake.
Day 9 - Jasper - Icefields Parkway - Kananaskis Journey south towards the wild lands of Jasper and Banff National Park. Arrive at your resort. This evening, the aroma of sizzling Alberta beef awaits as we Connect with Locals and join the Guinn family on their ranch for a special Be My Guest Farewell Dinner, horse-drawn wagon ride and private dance lesson.
Day 10 - Kananaskis - Calgary (2 Nights) Descend from the Canadian Rockies to the festive pavilions and parades of the 'Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth'. Check into your downtown hotel before joining your travel companions for the Calgary Stampede's exhilarating Chuckwagon Races.
Day 11 - Calgary Stampede Immerse yourself in the Spirit of the Stampede - your all-inclusive pass is the gateway to a day of effortless fun as you witness the world's largest rodeo first-hand and visit Stampede Park, tapping your Cowboy boots to the jaunty tunes of the Stampede Showband. End the day with a bang at the Grandstand Show, a singing and dancing musical extravaganza with a fireworks display.
Day 12 - Depart Calgary This morning, a transfer is provided to Calgary International Airport or you may choose to extend your stay at the Westin Calgary hotel. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Calgary CRUISE upon Maligne Lake SCENIC DRIVE along the Icefields Parkway, Red Jammers excursion along the Going-to-the-Sun Road VISIT Waterton Lakes, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Athabasca Glacier
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..