Brazil & Argentina Adventure - 19 Days
From 2020-07-14 to 2022-02-07
15 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 12 dinners.
5 nights comfortable hotels, 3 nights multi-share hostels and 10 nights camping.
Services of two crew (drivers/tour leaders), with local guides where necessary.
Transportation in an overland expedition vehicle, plus 4x4, public bus, boat, canoe.
All camping fees and appropriate equipment.
2 full days to discover the Brazilian & Argentinean side of Iguazu Falls.
2 night wildlife safari in the Pantanal.
Paraty boat trip out to the islands and beaches.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1-2 - Buenos Aires Welcome to Argentina and its wonderful capital Buenos Aires! Tonight we have an important group meeting at 6pm in the joining hotel to meet your tour leader and fellow travellers.
Day 2 is free to explore this incredible city and all it has to offer. Buenos Aires is packed with amazing culture, arts and music, so perhaps take one of our optional activities to make the most of your time here. You could learn to tango with a private lesson, sample Argentina’s famous Merlot on a wine tasting afternoon or take a street art tour with some of the local artists.
Day 3 - Yapeyu Buenos Aires - Yapeyu. Today we journey north on a full-day drive through the Entre Rios and Corrientes provinces. We arrive in Yapeyu, a beautiful village set on the banks of the River Uruguay, where we camp for the night. This village is famous in Argentina as the birthplace of General Jose de San Martin, a national hero who helped liberate South America from Spanish colonial rule.
Day 4-5 - Iguazu Falls (Brazil) Yapeyu - Foz do Iguacu. This morning we cross the border at Tancredo Neves into Brazil, where we continue our drive to Foz do Iguacu. Meaning ‘Mouth of the Iguazu River’, this town is famous as the base for exploring the incredible Iguazu Falls.
On day 5 we visit the Brazilian side of the magnificent Iguazu Falls, which is the largest waterfall system in the world. Here we have plenty of time for optional activities, such as a visit to the Parque das Aves bird park, an exhilarating speed boat ride around the base of the falls or an unforgettable 10-minute helicopter flight over this spectacular natural feature.
Day 6 - Iguazu Falls (Argentina) Today we take a trip back into Argentina to spend a full day at this side of the incredible Iguazu Falls. From the Argentinian side, the views are even more spectacular and you can look right down the largest waterfall, known as the Devil’s Throat, from a gantry walkway viewing point. We have plenty of time here to explore, perhaps hiking some of the nature trails or taking an exhilarating, and very wet, boat ride.
Day 7-9 - Bonito Foz do Iguacu - Bonito. Today we have a full day's drive north to Bonito, the eco-tourism capital of Brazil. Enjoy the camaraderie aboard our overland truck, playing games with your fellow travellers and soaking up the views along the way.
We spend days 8 and 9 in Bonito to take advantage of the range of incredible optional activities here. You can visit the other-worldly Blue Lake Cave, enjoy world-class snorkelling in the waters of Rio da Prata or abseil down the Boca da Onca waterfall, to name just a few of the activities on offer.
Day 10-11 - Pantanal Bonito - Pantanal. Today we have a short drive to the amazing southern Pantanal region of Brazil and enjoy a visit to a local eco-tourism ranch or 'fazenda'. The Pantanal is the largest wetland in the world and home to a staggering number of species, including wildlife such as caiman, anacondas, anteaters, jaguars, capybaras and much more.
We spend two nights in the Pantanal enjoying a range of included activities from our lodge. These include canoe and boat trips down the wildlife-rich rivers, horseback rides through the beautiful scenery and safaris on trucks and on foot where we hope to spot some of this wetland’s incredible indigenous wildlife.
Day 12 - Wild Camping Pantanal - Campo Grande. Following our morning activities and a final lunch in the Pantanal, we start driving east towards Sao Paulo state. We wild camp towards the end of the day, offering a truly off the beaten track experience as we're far from the tourist crowds in our remote setting.
Day 13-14 - Brotas Campo Grande - Brotas. Today we drive to Brotas, a remote town in southeastern Brazil known for being an adventure tourism destination.
Day 14 is free to either relax by the pool or take part in the optional adventure activities on offer here. Maybe go white-water rafting on the fast-moving waters of the Jacare River or enjoy a half-day canyoning trip through the nearby gorges.
Day 15-17 - Paraty Brotas - Paraty. This morning we embark on a full-day drive to Paraty, an old Portuguese colonial town set on the dazzling Emerald Coast of the Atlantic, where we spend three nights.
On day 16, we enjoy an included boat trip around the incredible beaches and islands off the coast of Paraty. Day 17 is then free to explore at your leisure or perhaps take a historical walking tour. There are plenty more optional activities on offer including scuba diving, sea kayaking and standup paddle boarding.
Day 18-19 - Rio De Janeiro Paraty - Rio de Janeiro. This morning we drive to the incredible city of Rio de Janeiro. Situated under the watchful gaze of the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue, Rio boasts one of the most beautiful settings in the world surrounded by lush mountains and golden beaches. This afternoon we then have the opportunity to take an optional visit to a community favela project.
Day 19 marks the end of our adventure through Argentina and Brazil! If you'd like to extend your time in this sensational city, please contact our reservations team who will be happy to arrange post-tour accommodation.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..