SPAIN & PORTUGAL ESCAPE
From 30/10/2021 to 19/12/2021
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 3.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN BARCELONA, SPAIN. Welcome to Barcelona! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - BARCELONA Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluna and the Sagrada Familia. Highlight is a walk through the charming Barri Gotic, the GOTHIC QUARTER. Also enjoy a panoramic view of the city and harbour from Montjuic Hill. This afternoon, an optional excursion to Montserrat can be arranged. (B)
Day 3 - BARCELONA-MADRID. Enjoy rustic Catalonian and Aragonian landscapes on your journey to Madrid, the capital of Spain since 1561. (B) Today's Distance: 385 mi / 620 km
Day 4 - MADRID Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely facing towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Then, enjoy a highlight visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM with its priceless art treasures. An optional excursion to Toledo is available to make the most out of your stay. (B)
Day 5 - MADRID-CORDOBA-SEVILLE. Drive south through the arid landscapes of Don Quixote's La Mancha to Cordoba, where sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Alcazar, the Roman Bridge, and the medieval Jewish quarter. Tour the magnificent 8th-century MOSQUE OF THE CALIPHS, famous for its 850 pillars of porphyry, marble, and jasper. Later, continue to Seville, the vibrant, festive capital of Andalusia. (B) Today's Distance: 354 mi / 570 km
Day 6 - SEVILLE During your guided sightseeing tour, you will hear about the city's role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that was once the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also visit the magnificent CASA DE PILATOS, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming SANTA CRUZ QUARTER. For those interested, an optional extended guided visit to the cathedral is available. This evening, dine on local specialties prepared for you at El Palacio Andaluz restaurant and accompanied by Flamenco entertainment. (B,D)
Day 7 - SEVILLE-LISBON, PORTUGAL. A scenic drive today takes you over the border to Portugal and its capital city Lisbon, starting point of many successful 15th-century expeditions to the New World. (B) Today's Distance: 273 mi / 440 km
Day 8 - LISBON Lisbon was the centre of Europe's longest-lived overseas empire. Portugal's imperial ambitions date back to Prince Henry the Navigator's 15th-century discoveries in West Africa. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features a drive through the Baixa quarter's main squares, as well as a walk through the cobblestone alleys of quaint ALFAMA, the popular quarter of the seamen and Fado singers. Drive along the grand Avenida da Liberdade up to Pombal Square, and stop for pictures of Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries. Also visit the CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA with the tomb of Vasco da Gama. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner with your travelling companions at one of Lisbon's excellent local restaurants. (B,D)
Day 9 - LISBON Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans