FLAVOURS OF CHINA & THE YANGTZE
From 04/09/2021 to 29/10/2021
Breakfasts Included: 13.
Lunches Included: 9.
Dinners Included: 6.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN BEIJING, CHINA Welcome to Beijing! Hotel check-in available mid-afternoon.
Day 2 - BEIJING BEIJING Guided sightseeing includes Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City. Free time this afternoon. Welcome dinner this evening features Peking duck. (B,L,D)
Day 3 - BEIJING. EXCURSION TO THE GREAT WALL BEIJING Guided sightseeing to the Great Wall of China. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B,L)
Day 4 - BEIJING-XI'AN BEIJING Visit to the Temple of Heaven. Rickshaw ride through the hutongs (narrow streets) and meet a local family. Fly to Xi'an. (B)
Day 5 - XI'AN XI'AN Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes visits to the Terracotta Warriors and Dayan Pagoda. Noodle-making demonstration with lunch. "Tang Dynasty" dinner show. (B,L,D)
Day 6 - XI'AN-CHENGDU XI'AN Chinese calligraphy class. Visit to the City Wall South Gate. Bullet-train service from Xi'an to Chengdu. (B)
Day 7 - CHENGDU-CHONGQING (EMBARKATION)- ?YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE CHENGDU Visit to the Giant Panda Research Base. Bullet-train service from Chengdu to Chongqing. CHONGQING Yangtze River cruise embarkation. (B,L,D)
Day 8 - CRUISING: JADE EMPEROR SCENIC AREA YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE Shore excursion to Jade Emperor scenic area. Free time on board this afternoon. Captain's welcome dinner with entertainment this evening. (B,L,D)
Day 9 - CRUISING: QUTANG GORGE- ?WU GORGE-GODDESS STREAM YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE Free time this morning or tai chi session on sun deck. Scenic passage through Qutang and Wu Gorges. Small-boat excursion on Goddess Stream. (B,L,D)
Day 10 - CRUISING: (DISEMBARKATION) ?THREE GORGES DAM-YICHANG-HANGZHOU THREE GORGES DAM Visit the dam site. Drive to Yichang. YICHANG Fly to Hangzhou. HANGZHOU Free time this afternoon and evening. (B,L)
Day 11 - HANGZHOU HANGZHOU Full-day sightseeing includes Lingyin Temple and Fei Lai Feng. Walking tour includes Hefang Street. Scenic cruise on West Lake (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). (B,L)
Day 12 - HANGZHOU-SHANGHAI HANGZHOU Drive to Shanghai. SHANGHAI Guided sightseeing includes the Bund, Yu Yuan Gardens, and visit to a Silk Factory. Lunch includes traditional xiaolongbao (soup dumplings) in local restaurant. (B,L) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Shanghai by attending an
Day 13 - SHANGHAI SHANGHAI Visit to Shanghai Museum. Walking tour includes the French Concession area, art deco Cathay Theatre, Xintiandi, and Fuxing Park. Free time this afternoon before a farewell dinner. (B,D)
Day 14 - SHANGHAI Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans