NATURAL WONDERS OF COSTA RICA
From 27/02/2021 to 14/11/2021
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 5.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA Welcome to San Jose!
Day 2 - SAN JOSE-TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK SAN JOSE Scenic drive past banana plantations en route to the Caribbean shore to board your cruise to the Tortuguero Canals. TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK Guided cruise on the canals with a Local Guide and boatman includes watching for freshwater turtles, caimans, herons, toucans, egrets, and monkeys. Free time at your lodge before a slideshow presentation about the park. (B,L,D)
Day 3 - TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK TOUR & CANAL CRUISE TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK Guided boat cruise with a Naturalist through remote areas of the park, followed by a rainforest walk. Presentation by a local Naturalist this afternoon. (B,L,D)
Day 4 - TORTUGUERO-SARAPIQUI-ARENAL TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PARK Boat trip en route to the Sarapiqui area. SARAPIQUI Guided Tour of a local family-owned pineapple farm highlights the history and cultivation of the pineapple industry. ARENAL Free time this afternoon at your resort's pool, hot-spring-fed Jacuzzi, or on a nearby nature trail. Dinner at your hotel. (B,L,D)
Day 5 - ARENAL. EXCURSION TO LA FORTUNA ?& ARENAL VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK ARENAL Free time this morning before a guided visit to Arenal Volcano National Park includes lava trails and nature that has recovered from past lava flows. Walking tour of the town of La Fortuna de San Carlos includes spectacular views of the active Arenal Volcano. This evening, drive to nearby famous Tabacon Hot Springs for a dip in the curative and relaxing pools before dinner at the hot springs. (B,D) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Arenal with a float trip to watch for native flora and fauna. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 6 - ARENAL-MONTEVERDE ARENAL Scenic drive to Monteverde. MONTEVERDE Guided tour with a Naturalist on the Sky Walk Hanging Bridges, which combines trails and suspension bridges through the canopy of Monteverde Cloud Forest, to search for flora and fauna. (B,L)
Day 7 - MONTEVERDE. SANTA ELENA CLOUD FOREST RESERVE MONTEVERDE Guided walking tour with a Naturalist in Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve (home to over 600 species of butterflies, 400 species of birds, with 100 reptile and 120 mammal species). Visit to a family-owned Ecological Sanctuary includes a tour, cooking class, and lunch. Farewell dinner this evening. (B,L,D)
Day 8 - MONTEVERDE-SARCHI-GRECIA-SAN JOSE SARCHI Visit the local village known for its artists and their famous hand-painted oxcarts. GRECIA See the metal church-imported from Belgium to Puerto Limon in 1897-transported by oxcart from its previous site in the plaza and reconstructed here. SAN JOSE Free time this evening. (B)
Day 9 - SAN JOSE Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans