Pilgrimage to Poland
From 28/06/2020 to 04/10/2020
ATTEND MASS in CzestochowaCITY TOUR in Warsaw, Wadowice, Kraków and ZakopaneSMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING guided tour in the family house of John Paul II in Wadowice, with a group size of no more than 25 guests.
VISIT the site of the Warsaw Ghetto, the Franciscan Monastery in Niepokalanow, the Jasna Góra Monastery in Czestochowa, the Basilica in Wadowice, the Shrine of the Divine Mercy, St.
Mary's Basilica and Wawel Cathedral in Krakow, the Jaszczurówka Chapel and the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Zakopane and the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp MemorialVIEW the tomb of St Faustina in Krakow and the cell of Maximilian Kolbe in AuschwitzSEE spectacular scenery while you ascend Gubałówka mountain from the cable car in Zakopane.
7 breakfasts4 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted HighlightsVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Welcome to Warsaw, where you'll begin your pilgrimage into Poland's religious past. Join your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Reception to begin your journey.
2 - Embark on a sightseeing tour of the Old Town in the company of a 'Local Specialist' who will reveal how the city has reemerged following the devastation of WWII. See the Market Square and the Barbican, then visit the site of the Warsaw Ghetto. Ask for St. Faustina's powerful intercession as you pray at the shine that bears her name, the centre of the Divine Mercy and St. Faustina Parish. Enjoy a free afternoon to explore the city on your terms. Consider a visit to the Wilanow Palace, a priceless testimony to the splendour of Poland's past, then treat yourself to a Chopin recital.
3 - Journey to Niepolalanow to pay your respects to St. Maximilian Kolbe, founder of one of the largest Franciscan Monasteries. Your pilgrimage continues to Czestochowa, the spiritual capital of Poland and home of the Black Madonna. Later, you'll 'Dive Into Culture' and enjoy a guided tour of the Jasna Gora Monastery, followed by a moving Mass. Dinner this evening is at your hotel.
4 - We travel to Wadowice, best known as the birthplace of Karol Wojtyla who later became Pope John Paul II. Delve into the early life of the former Pope during a sightseeing tour of the city with a 'Local Specialist'. Then embark on a Small Group Sightseeing guided tour of the Holy Father John Paul II Family Home Museum, to gain further insights into his life and see some of his family's possessions. We continue to Krak?w where we'll give thanks for God's Mercy at the Shrine of the Divine Mercy and tomb of St. Faustina. Dinner is at our hotel this evening.
5 - A leisurely start to your day could see you join an Optional Experience to the UNESCO-listed Wieliczka Salt Mine, often referred to as the Underground Salt Cathedral of Poland. Later, you'll embark on a walking tour of the medieval Old Town with a 'Local Specialist' and visit the Market Square with its Cloth Hall. Visit St. Mary's Basilica with its famous wooden altarpiece designed by Wit Stwosz, then view Wawel Castle. Visit Wawel Cathedral and spend some time in prayer at the tomb of St. Stanislaus, Patron Saint of Poland. The rest of the day is free for you to explore.
6 - Venture to Zakopane with a 'Local Specialist', once a favourite retreat of Pope John Paul II. Today's highlights include the wooden Jaszczurowka Chapel and the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima. Ascend Gubalowka Mountain via cable car, and admire the sweeping views of the Tatras before some free time to shop for arts and crafts made by the Goral highlanders.
7 - The tragic stories of Auschwitz take centre stage today on your sombre visit to the former Polish concentration camp. Return to Krak?w and'Connect With Locals' during an exclusive 'Be My Guest' Farewell Dinner at a Benedictine Monastery, which overlooks the Wis?a River. Counting your blessings after a life-changing spiritual journey, you'll have an opportunity to break bread with the monks at a common table, sharing in a traditional feast and hearing stories about their life in Tyniec Abbey.
8 - Say a fond do widzenia to your companions after a memorable pilgrimage. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply. Please note: Your coach returns to Warsaw from Krak?w on Day 8. You are welcome to use this complimentary transfer. Drop-off in Warsaw will be at the Trafalgar Warsaw hotel and not at the airport. Arrival will be at approximately 2pm, depending on traffic conditions.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 January 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 22 January 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.