From 19/06/2020 to 08/11/2020
CITY TOUR of Beijing, Xi'an, ShanghaiVISIT Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Way in Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, the 'Bund' waterfront and Jinmao Tower in ShanghaiSEE local people practicing T'ai Chi in the morning, the Shanghai Acrobats.
9 breakfasts5 lunches (including Including Be My Guest)3 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE BEIJING (4 NIGHTS) Launch your discovery of China in its cultural heart. Transfer to your Beijing hotel where you'll meet your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception drink and local appetisers this evening.
Day 5 - BEIJING - XI'AN (2 NIGHTS) We fly to Xi'an, which reveals its role as the ancient departure point of the Silk Road. Visit the Great Mosque, one of the oldest, largest and best-preserved mosques in China. According to historical records it was built in 742 during the Tang Dynasty and is a combination of Islamic art and traditional Chinese architecture.
Day 7 - XI'AN - SHANGHAI (3 NIGHTS) This morning, your choice of activities gives you an opportunity to mimic the graceful movements of a skilled T'ai Chi 'Local Specialist', or consider joining a cycle tour around part of the ancient City Wall of Xi'an. We 'Dive Into Culture' at a local restaurant, watching a demonstration in the art of making dumplings, with an opportunity to sample these for lunch. Savour the juicy flavours of these boiled, steamed and fried treats, transporting you back to ancient China, before transferring to the airport for our flight to Shanghai. Ascend to the 88-storey Jinmao Tower for panoramic views of the skyscrapers that loom over the most populous city on earth.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 03 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.